Infotainment issue. No audio

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
DaveNI1979
New
Drives: 2018 Beats TSI 95ps

Infotainment issue. No audio

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Polo hasnt been driven for 2 months due to me having to shield for 12 weeks but ive noticed today theres no sound and it just tells me to switch on the ignition when it's already on. Same with bluetooth. Any ideas? Won't even let me change the time on the touchscreen, says please switch on ignition to adjust setting. :(
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Infotainment issue. No audio

Post by monkeyhanger »

DaveNI1979 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:48 pm Polo hasnt been driven for 2 months due to me having to shield for 12 weeks but ive noticed today theres no sound and it just tells me to switch on the ignition when it's already on. Same with bluetooth. Any ideas? Won't even let me change the time on the touchscreen, says please switch on ignition to adjust setting. :(
Are we talking ignition on, but engine not on, or are you driving about and can't get the ingotainment system on. If it hasn't been driven in 12 weeks, the battery charge level may be way below the car's comfort zone, with alarm and other "always on" systems shut down to preserve what little is left in the battery.
DaveNI1979
New
Drives: 2018 Beats TSI 95ps

Post by DaveNI1979 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:31 pm
DaveNI1979 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:48 pm Polo hasnt been driven for 2 months due to me having to shield for 12 weeks but ive noticed today theres no sound and it just tells me to switch on the ignition when it's already on. Same with bluetooth. Any ideas? Won't even let me change the time on the touchscreen, says please switch on ignition to adjust setting. :(
Are we talking ignition on, but engine not on, or are you driving about and can't get the ingotainment system on. If it hasn't been driven in 12 weeks, the battery charge level may be way below the car's comfort zone, with alarm and other "always on" systems shut down to preserve what little is left in the battery.
I kept the engine running for about 45mins still nothing. Screen comes on, just no sound. Steering wheel volume buttons doesnt do anything either but the manual button on the infotainment shows it moving. I did a factory reset and still no joy so posted here hoping som1 would know, maybe it is just as simple as battery being low. Not really allowed to go for a drive to help charge it up for another 4 weeks tho.
Carson1992
New
Drives: GTI 192 3-Door

Post by Carson1992 »

I would perform a reboot of the media system - press and hold the radio on/ off button for 10 seconds or so until it reboots the system - hopefully that works ??