Vw polo 2018 1.0 Tsi passenger side footwell leaking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
sidex95
New
Drives: Polo 1.0tsi 2018

Vw polo 2018 1.0 Tsi passenger side footwell leaking

Post by sidex95 »

Hello there
I am the happy owenr of VW Polo 2018
Unfortunately i dont have warranty anymore and i have a leak in a front pasaanger footwell. I think it May be windscreen. I am Sending you a video
Is that water suppose to come like that, or it is something wrong
I add some photos as well where the water stucking

Link for video : https://vimeo.com/420484492
Attachments
IMG_20200520_001248.jpg
received_248850139533189.jpeg
LeebzP
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI R-Line - Energetic Orange

Re: Vw polo 2018 1.0 Tsi passenger side footwell leaking

Post by LeebzP »

That's very strange indeed. Does your car have a sunroof? The piping for the drainage port runs through the front door. Just pour some water in the sunroof and check if that's the issue. How is your vehicle out of warranty though?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Used or new, you've almost certainly got 3 years warranty from the date the car was first registered - you should check that you don't still have warranty with your local dealership. Some people assume they only have 1 year warranty.
sidex95
New

Post by sidex95 »

No sunroff, simple Car.
Did you guys check a video, is it normal?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

No water leak would be normal. Water from washing the car or from rainwater on the front of the car around the windscreen shouldn’t be draining into the footwell of the car. Forum member mike sel had a similar problem with his Polo - a water leak from somewhere around the bottom left corner of the windscreen running into the front passenger side footwell, and this was fixed under warranty. It’s covered in this discussion thread - it’s a long thread so you may want to use the forum search facility rather than read through all 34 pages of the thread;

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71800

Your location is shown as Hounslow so you’re based in the UK. As others have said, your (UK) car should still have the benefit of the 3 year new car warranty. As yours is a 2018 car the warranty shouldn’t expire until sometime next year. This assumes;

- the car was supplied through the VWUK authorised dealer network when new
- if the car is in year 3 of its life, it hasn’t exceeded 60,000 miles as there’s a 60,000 mile limit in year three of the warranty.

VW’s new car 3 year factory warranty terms and conditions are at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/my- ... -car-terms

Some nearly new cars sold by some of the used car supermarkets may only have a 2 year warranty. These cars were originally built for non UK markets and have subsequently been imported into the UK. They’ll usually have a different spec to UK cars too, so it should be possible to distinguish them from a UK spec car. So if you bought your car from a used car supermarket, it could be out of warranty if it’s over two years old if it was an import.
nathan.larose
New

Post by nathan.larose »

A friend had this problem with his polo. It was something to do with the air conditioning hose had broke had leaked. He got it fixed under warranty
sidex95
New

Post by sidex95 »

Yeah, i checkd with VW and i still have warranty on it
They gonna check it on Thursday 28.05
I will keep you update
Thanks
Kaylaa169
New
Drives: 1.4 2006

Post by Kaylaa169 »

Hi did you find out what this was? My polo is leaking rain water in the passenger footwell and any pointers on what to check would be great. So far I have unblocked the scuttle panel but still not worked.