10k oil change

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: 10k oil change

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 pm Yes you can - just tell them you have a service plan when you book it in. They'll find your car in the system and confirm no charge.
Brilliant. Thanks mate
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Just managed to book a service for the 11th of June in a VW dealership 20 miles from home.

Have to pay £12.50 for a courtesy car on the day if I want one.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm Just managed to book a service for the 11th of June in a VW dealership 20 miles from home.

If it's £12.50 a day, it's a hire car, not a courtesy car! Lookers do that near me, but with Pulmans, the courtesy car is completely free. For some reason though, they built a cafe in Pulmans Durham and you have to pay for all your drinks, whereas in the (nearer for me, but not currently open) Sunderland branch, you can hammer the Flavia machine and biscuit packs.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Wed May 27, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:20 pm
S_94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm Just managed to book a service for the 11th of June in a VW dealership 20 miles from home.

If it's £12.50 a day, it's a hire car, not a courtesy car! Lookers do that near me, but with Pulmans, the courtesy car is completely free. For some reason though, the built a cafe in Pulmans Durham and you havebyo pay for all your drinks, whereas in the (nearer for me, but not currently open) Sunderland branch, you can hammer the Flavia machine and biscuit packs.
Haha yeah good point. Actually don't mind paying that, it's 20 miles away so it's far better than paying what a taxi/uber would be! Don't really fancy sitting there for 2-3 hours and waiting either.

If only they'd give me a GTI TCR or R for a few hours... (I know, not happening) :lol:
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:49 pm If only they'd give me a GTI TCR or R for a few hours... (I know, not happening) :lol:
You never know..... I’ve had one or two interesting courtesy cars over the years. The dealership I use has three of the four main VAG brands on the one site, so what you get as a courtesy car can be an interesting experience and is often something other than a lower spec Polo or up!

On one occasion a few years ago when it was assumed by the dealer I must be thinking of replacing my (then) 3 year old mk6 Golf GTD, I was given a virtually brand new mk7 Golf GTD for the day. I had no intention of changing my car at that time, so they didn’t get a sale out of me. Needless to say though, the mk7 GTD had clocked up quite a few miles by the time I returned it 😀. On another occasion, I had an Audi TT. I was very disappointed with it and it had more creaks and rattles than any car I’ve owned. I had a T-Roc in February when my car was serviced / MOT’d.

I’ve never had an up! as a courtesy car; I’d quite like to try one (preferably a GTI!).
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 pm
S_94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:49 pm If only they'd give me a GTI TCR or R for a few hours... (I know, not happening) :lol:
You never know..... I’ve had one or two interesting courtesy cars over the years. The dealership I use has three of the four main VAG brands on the one site, so what you get as a courtesy car can be an interesting experience and is often something other than a lower spec Polo or up!

On one occasion a few years ago when it was assumed by the dealer I must be thinking of replacing my (then) 3 year old mk6 Golf GTD, I was given a virtually brand new mk7 Golf GTD for the day. I had no intention of changing my car at that time, so they didn’t get a sale out of me. Needless to say though, the mk7 GTD had clocked up quite a few miles by the time I returned it 😀. On another occasion, I had an Audi TT. I was very disappointed with it and it had more creaks and rattles than any car I’ve owned. I had a T-Roc in February when my car was serviced / MOT’d.

I’ve never had an up! as a courtesy car; I’d quite like to try one (preferably a GTI!).
I've never driven anything in the size range of a T-Roc so that would be an interesting experience! Suppose something other than a low spec Polo would be nice.

Our local dealership had an Up GTI in the showroom, it actually looked pretty decent. Wouldn't mind giving that a go. Not sure if it's just my area, but I don't think I've ever seen one on the road.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

The UP GTI feels dangerous - maybe that excites some people - very short wheel base, very high centre of gravity (relative to wheelbase length), it feels like you are going to tip it if you fling it around a corner. Only 115ps - not a patch on the old Lupo GTI that my mate bought and I opted for a new Polo 1.9TDI instead (I still kick myself for that decision!).
jackois
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95ps manual

Post by jackois »

My local dealer sent an email yesterday offering a Lockdown Health Check to 'make sure your car is in peak condition after Lockdown lack of use'.

For the sum of £49.99 they will give an air care service, fuel care service, a visual 30 point health check and a battery test. :shock:

The air care bit is interesting… 'Air Care Service - we carry out a Purge of the Air Conditioning system which includes an antibacterial and antiviral treatment which is 99.99% effective against killing Covid-19 Virus germs in your Volkswagen!' This, to rid your car's air con of a virus that has a shelf life of 72 hours, seems to be a be a touch of overkill if you car hasn't moved much during lockdown...

Contactless drop off and pickup or collection and delivery for 'just' £15!

Roll on my service package and warranty ending...
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Nothing like a bit of fearmongering to make some money!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

jackois wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:00 am My local dealer sent an email yesterday offering a Lockdown Health Check to 'make sure your car is in peak condition after Lockdown lack of use'.

For the sum of £49.99 they will give an air care service, fuel care service, a visual 30 point health check and a battery test. :shock:

The air care bit is interesting… 'Air Care Service - we carry out a Purge of the Air Conditioning system which includes an antibacterial and antiviral treatment which is 99.99% effective against killing Covid-19 Virus germs in your Volkswagen!' This, to rid your car's air con of a virus that has a shelf life of 72 hours, seems to be a be a touch of overkill if you car hasn't moved much during lockdown...

Contactless drop off and pickup or collection and delivery for 'just' £15!

Roll on my service package and warranty ending...
They must have great eyesight to see the virus on your car with those visual checks!

What's a fuelcare service? Probably a wipe down of your fuel filler flap and cap with an alcohol wipe!
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looks like this is what you’re getting for your £49.99 (or only £39.99 at Vindis - wow, a £10 saving!) if you fall for the service advisor’s upsell sales patter;

https://vindisgroup.com/service/vw/fuel-air-cleanse
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Mine received the 1st service/oil change on Tuesday (26th May). The palaver getting it done was interesting due to the social distancing measures they put in place.
I have a 4 year service plan with my local franchise dealer rather than VW directly, this costs me £27.50/month with all the minor and major services, aircon Services x2, brake fluid, DSG oil/filter etc. The only thing that isn’t included is 2x MOT tests and other parts not included in the set service routine.
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Post by JohnF »

Phoned my garage for my 10K oil change last week after they had reopened for business. They said they were starting servicing the following week which surprised me, so booked it in for Tuesday 9th June. They offered me 3 arrival times slots because of their covid restrictions.

I need to have the handbrake cable replaced (yet again) and an investigation into a wiper failure last year. I am assuming they have included this extra warranty work in their programming, but I'll have to wait and see. There are no facilities if you want to wait (no toilets, free coffee, wifi) so you have to decide what to do whilst they deal with your job.
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

JohnF wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:40 pm Phoned my garage for my 10K oil change last week after they had reopened for business. They said they were starting servicing the following week which surprised me, so booked it in for Tuesday 9th June. They offered me 3 arrival times slots because of their covid restrictions.

I need to have the handbrake cable replaced (yet again) and an investigation into a wiper failure last year. I am assuming they have included this extra warranty work in their programming, but I'll have to wait and see. There are no facilities if you want to wait (no toilets, free coffee, wifi) so you have to decide what to do whilst they deal with your job.
I had the same experience last week, basic drop off keys and disappear, coffee machine off limits. No courtesy cars either due to covid fears. Thankfully last visit there no more dealers once mine gets towards 3 years old.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ I got a courtesy car 2 weeks ago while mine was in for a service. It did have signage inside to say it had been thoroughly decontaminated (wiped all over with alcohol wipes).