VW Polo GTI is already phasing out...

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: VW Polo GTI is already phasing out...

Post by SRGTD »

silver38 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:56 pm I think all are stock only. Can't configure the Polo.
I looked just now and the GTI is currently on the VWUK website configurator but not the GTI+.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

The GTI+ is appearing now. Swear the VW website is a bit dodgy at times!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 19.24.43.png
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Post by silver38 »

When i checked about an hour ago it was stock only.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

It’s definitely back on with much better APR and deposit contribution and three months payments on VW. Good news for all of us with a delayed build as we will get the better finance deal according to my dealer.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Ima wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 pm It’s definitely back on with much better APR and deposit contribution and three months payments on VW. Good news for all of us with a delayed build as we will get the better finance deal according to my dealer.
That’s the ‘Big Volkswagen Event’;
3.8% APR representative
Additional deposit contribution £500 - £1,000 on top of any existing deposit contribution (presumably this is to cover the 3 months payments)

On cars ordered by 12 July 2020 and delivered by 4 September 2020.

So, depending on the impact of a delayed build on delivery of cars, there’ll be many who won’t qualify if their cars are delivered after 04/09/2020.

T&C’s of the offer from VW’s website;
Ordered by 12/07/20 and delivered by 04/09/20. Excludes e-Golf. 36 to 49 month agreements only. Agreements with a term less than 46 months may receive a contribution less than the equivalent of 3 monthly payments however you will not be required to be make a monthly payment for the first 3 months. Indemnities may be required. Volkswagen Financial Services. Read the full terms and conditions in the footer.

Link to the offer and full T&C’s at the bottom of the webpage;
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/offers-and ... agen-offer
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 am On cars ordered by 12 July 2020 and delivered by 4 September 2020.
So they might as well say it's on stock vehicles only :?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

POLO Clive wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:30 am
SRGTD wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 am On cars ordered by 12 July 2020 and delivered by 4 September 2020.
So they might as well say it's on stock vehicles only :?
Pretty much that’s the way I see it. VW aren’t giving much away really, and it’s probably an incentive aimed at clearing existing dealer stock of unregistered cars. There’ll be a few people who’ve already ordered and their car has been built and it’s currently in transit. Some of these cars will probably be delivered by 04/09/2020 whose owners will be able to take advantage of this deal, but I doubt there’ll be many.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

When I ordered my car there was a deposit contribution already and low APR. Dealer categorical that my approved finance deal would be honoured even if car delayed. I checked again last week and he reiterated that my finance deal would be honoured from that quarter whatever and that on signing the finance on delivery if there was a better deal I would get that one. He was clear that delivery date not an issue. These are the quarter deals. In September there will be a new finance offer so the deal will change. I’ve bought many cars where delivery delays went past the quarter finance offer but always had the final signed up for. I ordered my car in February and assuming it’s built week 28 will arrive in this financial quarter so if lucky I’ll get the slightly better deal but if not I’ll still get the good finance deal that I signed up for in February. There will be many people in a similar situation to me as when I ordered in February my dealer had been so busy they had all exceeded their sales targets.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

@Ima, agree, your approved finance deal will stand, and if there’s a better deal running when you take delivery you’ll be able to take advantage of that better deal. However, if your car’s not due to be built until week 28 (w/c 06/07/2020?) then I’d say it’s unlikely you’ll be able to take advantage of the current deal that you highlighted in your earlier post.

Off topic but relating to new Polo builds and deliveries - I’ve been following Covid-19 developments reasonably closely (I have the time, as I’m retired 🙂). The World Heath Organisation said earlier this month that the Covid-19 pandemic is accelerating in Africa, and South Africa is the worst affected country on the African continent. That could potentially have an impact on VW’s Uitenhage production facility - e.g. if production workers need to self isolate, or if the government re-imposed lockdown measures that could affect manufacturing industries. If this did happen, then build dates may move back - annoying for those waiting for cars, but IMHO a bit of a first world problem when considering the bigger picture.

Hopefully production won’t be adversely affected, and those waiting for their cars will get them within a reasonable timeframe.
silver38
New

Post by silver38 »

Received an update offer this morning from Carwow for a polo GTI+, when i checked this is what i see.

Please note
This model is now discontinued by the manufacturer and factory orders are now closed. You can obtain similar vehicles from existing dealer stock here or by configuring a new car.
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

silver38 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:05 am Received an update offer this morning from Carwow for a polo GTI+, when i checked this is what i see.

Please note
This model is now discontinued by the manufacturer and factory orders are now closed. You can obtain similar vehicles from existing dealer stock here or by configuring a new car.
I'd imagine that is an automated response as it is back on VW UK's website in the form of both the GTI and GTI+ ready to spec and order.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

stuartrendall wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:35 pm
silver38 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:05 am Received an update offer this morning from Carwow for a polo GTI+, when i checked this is what i see.

Please note
I'd imagine that is an automated response as it is back on VW UK's website in the form of both the GTI and GTI+ ready to spec and order.
VW’s website still shows the GTI as ‘Available from stock only’ between 1/2 way and 2/3 of the way down the web page at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo.html#MOFA

So in the usual VW way, conflicting / inaccurate information - on the one hand saying only ‘in-stock’ models available but on the other hand, you can still configure one to your specification for a new build.

Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels broker websites have also removed the GTI and GTI+ models from the Polo range on their websites.
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 pm
stuartrendall wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:35 pm

Please note
VW’s website still shows the GTI as ‘Available from stock only’ between 1/2 way and 2/3 of the way down the web page at the link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo.html#MOFA

So in the usual VW way, conflicting / inaccurate information - on the one hand saying only ‘in-stock’ models available but on the other hand, you can still configure one to your specification for a new build.

Drive the Deal and Orange Wheels broker websites have also removed the GTI and GTI+ models from the Polo range on their websites.
Got to love VW's clarity and consistency.
silver38
New

Post by silver38 »

Beats and Match are the only ones you can factory order.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

It’s a miracle. After 6 months my polo gti + is finally built and on the way! I was starting to believe it would never happen! Only another 2 months to go🤪

Ps. Dealer confirmed that Gti is definitely not stopping long term. VW uk have reached the allocation limit but it will be back.