GTI DISCONTINUED?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Re: GTI DISCONTINUED?

Post by Ima »

I’m surprised that noisy but functional brakes are grounds for rejection or that the dealer accepted this as a grounds for rejection. How did you manage to achieve this without engaging the courts?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Ima wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:22 am A manual car would likely be at least £1500 cheaper than the DSG and that would be such a large gap to the Golf GTi it would definitely affect sales and no way accountants will let that happen.
Manual GTIs was offered and yes that gap to Golf GTI was enourmous (with same specs I configured Polo for 3/4 of Golf GTI price). It also might be reason why they ended already. Polo sales went up and Golf got so down they had to stop it.
20181220_132831.jpg
----
SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:47 am I wouldn’t be surprised if VW also puts pressure on their suppliers to reduce the cost of parts used to build the car - hopefully not at the expense of quality and reliability when it comes to mechanical parts and components.
I work for supplier of VW and as far as I know VW didn't asked for cost cutting at least not yet :D
kieranhendy
New
Drives: Polo AW R-Line 2019

Post by kieranhendy »

VW UK website.
Last edited by kieranhendy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kieranhendy
New
Drives: Polo AW R-Line 2019

Post by kieranhendy »

Ima wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:12 pm Nope not discontinued. Just reached build allocation for orders. It will be back. See threads lower down board.
Are you certain this is the case? I'm pretty sure the 115PS R-Line has also been removed from the VW UK website but the 95PS version remains.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

The SEL, 115 r line and gti models have been removed. When I contacted VW, both on Instagram and via email, they responded with they have been temporarily removed due to order books being full and will return but cannot say when.

We also have to consider lower numbers of staff at the factories currently, so they’ll probably reduce possible order numbers so they don’t get a huge backlog.