Finance Documents

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ryanponti
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Finance Documents

Post by ryanponti »

Hi Guys,

I got told by my dealer on Tuesday 16th that they will have the car on Thursday 18th and I can collect the car on Tuesday 23rd. He said he will send me out the finance documents and drive away insurance documents to sign. When do they usually issue these? I would have presumed they would need them back before the collection day, just getting worried this is going to be something else to hold up collecting. I have rang the dealers multiple times can never get hold of my sales representative and have been promised a call back on 6 occasions and not had any.

Just wanted to know if mine are being slack or if they need to wait to register the car etc before they can do the finance documents.

First car I have bought on finance and first new car so a bit new to the experience.
PMCK95
New
Drives: Polo GTI plus

Re: Finance Documents

Post by PMCK95 »

I'm in the same boat as you here. Awaiting collection on Tuesday. My dealer said he had to request vw financial services to send the documents by email. Took around a day and a half for me to receive them
sc-red
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by sc-red »

PMCK95 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:04 pm I'm in the same boat as you here. Awaiting collection on Tuesday. My dealer said he had to request vw financial services to send the documents by email. Took around a day and a half for me to receive them
I got sent all my documents by email about a week prior to collection of my car, and signature was all electronic and therefore immediate.
Plend
New
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI

Post by Plend »

I got mine in the morning on the day of collection.
I had a quick read over them and signed them in the showroom when I picked the car up in the afternoon.
I was out of the showeroom within an hour of arriving with the car.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

ryanponti wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:32 pm Hi Guys,

I got told by my dealer on Tuesday 16th that they will have the car on Thursday 18th and I can collect the car on Tuesday 23rd. He said he will send me out the finance documents and drive away insurance documents to sign. When do they usually issue these? I would have presumed they would need them back before the collection day, just getting worried this is going to be something else to hold up collecting. I have rang the dealers multiple times can never get hold of my sales representative and have been promised a call back on 6 occasions and not had any.

Just wanted to know if mine are being slack or if they need to wait to register the car etc before they can do the finance documents.

First car I have bought on finance and first new car so a bit new to the experience.
I had all my finance docs sent too me on the morning I was picking the car up and signed it all online.

And the 7 day gap insurance I arranged at the dealership before driving my new car away.

Hope that helps a bit.
ryanponti
New

Post by ryanponti »

That's a bit more reassuring, would help if they could have just said that on a call that would take 2 minutes. Thanks Guys.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

ryanponti wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:24 pm That's a bit more reassuring, would help if they could have just said that on a call that would take 2 minutes. Thanks Guys.
My dealer did not tell me anything to the day before I picked it up other from the day I should be collecting it.

I suppose they got so many customers too sort out that it feels you not getting their full attention.
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Post by Aube »

Hi,

Seems odd, as most dealers email finance documents for you to sign online so all these is to do on collection day is to check the car and sign the acceptance document to confirm the car is ok.

And a gentle remainder and my pet subject, don’t sign up for gap, paint protection, or any other extra, as these are over priced at the dealer. Gap at a dealer £400 plus, companies like ALA £125, or even less for the same or better cover. And of course the famous Autoglym LifeShine or £450 - £599, and usually applied by the technicians 5 year old. A professional detailer will do a far better job for less money, and the car will look stunning.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Buying my A4 this week, did the deal Tuesday, received the finance docs and other contractual documentation by email on Thursday and all were signed electronically by some app that automatically sent the finished docs back to recipients when they were done. Pocked up the car last night (could've been Thursday if I wanted it, but had to take stuff out of the Polo Thursday night) - so it all happens very quickly.

Took finance to get the 2 free services on offer with Audi solutions and will settle up (withdraw from the agreement and pay outright) next week.

Audi finance allow a far higher % deposit than VW. I maxed out the deposit - what's owed on the agreement is literally £280 more than the GFV at the end of the finance term and it's still £110 a month at 6.9% APR. That clearly demonstrates how hefty the PCP interest is. I'm effectively running an "interest only" repayment for a £16k loan if I were to keep it going.

As previously stated, don't get lifeshine or equivalent - the sealant lasts a year and needs topping up. Seal it yourself and scotchgard the interior for about £30 all in.

Gap can be yours for about £130 if you shop around and use discount codes for either ALA or 123.

Audi dealer tried the hard sell with me. I pointed to the lifeshine sticker on the A4 I was buying. He admitted then that it doesn't last forever and the provision for top-up and other benefits are non-transferrable, so I'd have to buy again...err, no thanks! I use G-techniq C2V3 sealant on my cars. Kind of lasts 9 months but starts to deteriorate after 6 months. Good stuff. There are similar alternatives out there if you don't want to go down the ceramic route that needs to be more diligently applied (time critical for curing process).
ryanponti
New

Post by ryanponti »

Dealer contacted me today to ask why i hadn't completed the finance documents yet so i told him they haven't been sent yet. Turns out its because the wait has been so long they need to do a new credit check. Docs came through and sorted within an hour. Pick up tomorrow! :D :D