Vehicle Deliveries

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Vehicle Deliveries

Post by S_94 »

For a company worth billions of pounds it's embarrassing how bad that app is. Had the same problems as you mentioned. It's not even accurate either.

Makes you think about quality control, as that app has clearly not been tested properly.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

S_94 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:48 am For a company worth billions of pounds it's embarrassing how bad that app is. Had the same problems as you mentioned. It's not even accurate either.

Makes you think about quality control, as that app has clearly not been tested properly.
You’re completely right. I’ve not had an issue with either of my golfs, my troc or any of my wife’s polos.

However, the only polo I owned was in the garage 18 times in 12 months of ownership however - three for faulty windscreens and fifteen for them to identify why the cruise control switches itself off without warning plus they scraped my alloys. When they get it wrong they get it very wrong. I’m hoping my gti is more reliable!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:48 am For a company worth billions of pounds it's embarrassing how bad that app is. Had the same problems as you mentioned. It's not even accurate either.

It’s always been poor, and IMO just not worth bothering with.

If keeping the tracker updated relies on human intervention, the current pandemic could be having an impact if there are fewer staff available within VW to run the update process due some of them self isolating. IMO running tracker update programs won’t be seen as a priority within VW in the current climate - not that it ever gets much priority attention, even during normal times.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Your dealer is the best place for updates. Others on here had their car built two weeks before mine was built with their car at Emden for ages, but I’ve just had confirmation my car only landed in Emden 1st July.
BootsOnBallast
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by BootsOnBallast »

The wait was over as of Thursday last week!
Attachments
37DFB596-750F-46E2-88EA-D4FC87966A8A.jpeg
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

BootsOnBallast wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 pm The wait was over as of Thursday last week!
Congratulations, blue was my first choice but it came down to a very fully loaded white car, a standard red or a black one immediately. Ironically I think the gti is the only poo that the blue looks good on too.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

Has anyone had any further joy with deliveries?
Approaching a month in emden now as that's when the ship my car was on docked, but am still only on a 5a sms from way back in May.

Dealer has no further updates for me, but said they are still targeting a July delivery as that's what VW are telling them
Getting pretty frustrated now with the whole thing as over on the Tiguan forums some people are getting cars almost immediately after leaving the factory
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

PhilArnold wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am Has anyone had any further joy with deliveries?
Approaching a month in emden now as that's when the ship my car was on docked, but am still only on a 5a sms from way back in May.

Dealer has no further updates for me, but said they are still targeting a July delivery as that's what VW are telling them
Getting pretty frustrated now with the whole thing as over on the Tiguan forums some people are getting cars almost immediately after leaving the factory
Sadly not. My dealer was mistaken and my car LEFT South Africa on 1/7. It’s on the glovis spirit due into Vigo on 17/7 and apparently should be in emden a couple of days later. Hoping it’ll not be in emden long as some of the Tiguan people had their car arrive at emden and leave within a day or two!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:59 am
PhilArnold wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am Has anyone had any further joy with deliveries?

Sadly not. My dealer was mistaken and my car LEFT South Africa on 1/7. It’s on the glovis spirit due into Vigo on 17/7 and apparently should be in emden a couple of days later. Hoping it’ll not be in emden long as some of the Tiguan people had their car arrive at emden and leave within a day or two!
Christ that's awful! Hopefully you get yours processed quickly, you're making me doubt what my dealer told me now
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

There’s always a chance that VW’s tracker system is woefully slow in being updated - it has a reputation for being slow to update and being inaccurate, so I wouldn’t be relying on the tracker information being correct.

Aren’t UK spec Tiguans built in Germany? If so, then I’d expect a German built Tiguan to reach the UK sooner after leaving the factory than a SA built Polo. Having said that, there’s a guy over on golfgtiforum.co.uk whose German built Golf seems to have been sitting at Emden for weeks now.

Because of the large backlog of 20,000-plus VW cars at Emden to be cleared, there might not be much of a system in terms of the order that they’re loaded for delivery if the main objective is just to get the backlog cleared. From what I’ve read on other forums, there’s a theory that cars nearest the dockside are being loaded for delivery to their ultimate destination sooner than those cars furthest away from the dockside. If so, then if your car arrived at Emden a month ago, if it was parked some distance from the dockside (lots of ‘ifs’), that might explain why it’s still there.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait though.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

PhilArnold wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:50 pm
lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:59 am

Christ that's awful! Hopefully you get yours processed quickly, you're making me doubt what my dealer told me now
To be fair I knew it was on a ship somewhere when I placed the order three weeks ago. I’ve been promised it by mid August and I’ll wait for the new plate if it gets that late anyway. I’ve got til 9th September to collect it on the three month free deal I think it is.
jackwhittle760
New

Post by jackwhittle760 »

On June 22nd I contacted Volkswagen UK and they said my car had a chassis number so they assumed it had either been built or was being built. I then got the SMS update saying my car had progressed to Stage 5A in transit on July 3rd making me think it might be on the Glovis Spirit which left South Africa on July 1st. My dealer however contacted me on July 8th to say that my car was currently in its first week of build...

I know people have had issues with the tracker being behind, but has anyone ever had issues with that tracker being ahead? I don’t see how this would happen.

Hopefully my dealer is mistaken :)
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

jackwhittle760 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:07 am On June 22nd I contacted Volkswagen UK and they said my car had a chassis number so they assumed it had either been built or was being built. I then got the SMS update saying my car had progressed to Stage 5A in transit on July 3rd making me think it might be on the Glovis Spirit which left South Africa on July 1st. My dealer however contacted me on July 8th to say that my car was currently in its first week of build...

I know people have had issues with the tracker being behind, but has anyone ever had issues with that tracker being ahead? I don’t see how this would happen.

First week of build? I wonder how long the dealer thinks it takes to build a car from scratch? It's about 30 hours from being a pile of pressings to being a fully finished and roadworthy car.

It's almost certainly built.
jackwhittle760
New

Post by jackwhittle760 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:12 am
jackwhittle760 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:07 am On June 22nd I contacted Volkswagen UK and they said my car had a chassis number so they assumed it had either been built or was being built. I then got the SMS update saying my car had progressed to Stage 5A in transit on July 3rd making me think it might be on the Glovis Spirit which left South Africa on July 1st. My dealer however contacted me on July 8th to say that my car was currently in its first week of build...

First week of build? I wonder how long the dealer thinks it takes to build a car from scratch? It's about 30 hours from being a pile of pressings to being a fully finished and roadworthy car.

It's almost certainly built.
Yes I thought it was strange too. He said it would be in build for 3 weeks and then it would take 5 weeks to arrive in the UK. He said it shouldn’t be held up in any of the ports and that it will arrive either in Grimsby and be available for collection that week, or arrive in Sheerness where it would be a further 2 weeks.

He’s been great so far with everything, just a little confused by this latest update. Hoping it’s an admin error and he rings me in a few weeks saying it’s ready to be collected :)
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

It sounds like yours is built. There does seem plenty of confusion around. When my dealer reopened he told me the car had a chassis number and was being built. Two weeks later I phoned for progress and he said that it wasn’t built and it would be week 28 for build and that as it had a chassis number already he was surprised by a 10 week delay to actual build. It sounds like the COVID situation has thrown everyone! As mine is due to be built this week gone I’ll be interested to see if it did actually happen! The online tracker unlikely to change so it will need the dealer to chase up. Hopefully yours will be with you in a couple of weeks now.