Vehicle Deliveries

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Sharms
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Vehicle Deliveries

Post by Sharms »

Hi all,

At present I’ve a GTI+ on order and had the 5b update back on 15th May confirming vehicle is in Emden.

Does anyone know what boats VW are using to bring cars into Sheerness at the moment, as my dealers told me that deliveries aren’t going into the port yet which I’m finding a little difficult to comprehend and I’m starting to lose patience with them.

Any help on this would be great, especially if someone‘s had an update down here in the south

Thanks in advance
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Re: Vehicle Deliveries

Post by PhilArnold »

Sharms wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:34 pm Hi all,

At present I’ve a GTI+ on order and had the 5b update back on 15th May confirming vehicle is in Emden.

Does anyone know what boats VW are using to bring cars into Sheerness at the moment, as my dealers told me that deliveries aren’t going into the port yet which I’m finding a little difficult to comprehend and I’m starting to lose patience with them.

Any help on this would be great, especially if someone‘s had an update down here in the south

Thanks in advance
Malacca Highway I think is the one you want, looks like its restarting shuttle runs from emden to sheerness. 2 in the last week already.
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/MA ... -355351000
Sharms
New

Post by Sharms »

This is the one I’ve been watching for the past week or so - Just seems that delivery isn’t getting any closer and dealer now can’t even give me an idea of when it’s going to be - I know I’m impatient and there’s more in the world to worry about, it’s just the new car excitement kicking in as been waiting since February for it and was meant to have it two months ago :cry:

Thanks for double checking though 👍
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

Sharms wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:38 pm This is the one I’ve been watching for the past week or so - Just seems that delivery isn’t getting any closer and dealer now can’t even give me an idea of when it’s going to be - I know I’m impatient and there’s more in the world to worry about, it’s just the new car excitement kicking in as been waiting since February for it and was meant to have it two months ago :cry:

Thanks for double checking though 👍
Oh I know your pain, I've been waiting since dec when I ordered mine. Yeah no harm in getting excited, it's these lthings that keep us going!
BootsOnBallast
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by BootsOnBallast »

Evening... I’m new here, I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a while both before and after ordering my car.

I ordered at the beginning of April (Pre built as stock for dealer) and it arrived in Germany days before the world fell over. It’s been sat there since. Having sat patiently I’ve suddenly because qualified in all things shipping having spent ages now tracking boats going too and from Germany to Sheerness.

Still none the wiser if the car has left, or is about to.

I guess this is just a “I’m in the same boat as you” type post so you’re not alone.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

My Polo came too the U.K. on the ship called the PATARA.
Sharms
New

Post by Sharms »

Looks like another boatload of shiny news cars are their way to Sheerness!! Malacca Highway left Emden mid morning today so hopefully we’ll have some good news in the next few days 🤞
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

Sharms wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:56 pm Looks like another boatload of shiny news cars are their way to Sheerness!! Malacca Highway left Emden mid morning today so hopefully we’ll have some good news in the next few days 🤞
Sorry to disappoint but apparently it's left the Audi/Porsche area of Emden (right side of the main waterway more inland), so unlikely to get anything yet. Hopefully on the next one it moors up in VWs area
BootsOnBallast
New

Post by BootsOnBallast »

How do you know what’s stored where at the depot? I though I was being clever looking for boats!
You never know, with the mess everything is it they might be sending mixed loads.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

BootsOnBallast wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 pm How do you know what’s stored where at the depot? I though I was being clever looking for boats!
You never know, with the mess everything is it they might be sending mixed loads.
Been reading over on the Tiguan forums as they're in a similar boat to us. One chap on there is very knowledgeable on the port layout
Someone emailed VW UK regional manager and they said that Emden currently has a 25000 car backlog to clear!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

That doesn’t sound good as my car has either just arrived at Emden or been there a week!
BootsOnBallast
New

Post by BootsOnBallast »

A week’s wait is nothing at the minute :wink: my car arrived there before 24th of March and it’s still there...
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

That’s what worries me. My car was only built the week yours arrived and yours is still there. Might get it by the time the 21 plate comes out then!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Assuming that logistics of transporting new vehicles out of Emden was quite badly affected during the height of the pandemic - hence why there’s a large backlog of vehicles to clear - you’d hope that things will soon return to ‘normal’ (or a new normal).

I know that checking on progress (or lack of progress) of cars being delivered to the UK is a natural thing to do, but IMO it probably makes the wait seem even longer and more frustrating. Easy for me to say as I don’t have a car sitting in a large holding area at Emden amongst the 25,000 backlog of cars awaiting shipment.
BootsOnBallast
New

Post by BootsOnBallast »

On another forum I have seen the malacca highway arrived at port at the same time people recieved text updates saying their vehicles are in the uk. So hopefully some of our cars have landed...