Mirror Dip Return

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
GTI_PLUS_TOM
New
Drives: GTI+

Mirror Dip Return

Post by GTI_PLUS_TOM »

Hello,

First post here but I have been a lurker since taking delivery of my reef blue GTI+ a little over a week ago! Absolutely loving ownership so far and continue to be impressed with the car.

I do however have a question regarding the dipping mirror, (I have seen a few posts in regards to thee so apologies if this has been asked before), when I select reverse and have the left mirror selected on the door control it dips to my saved position as it should. However, once I select drive again it will consistently return to facing the sky, much higher than my set driving position.

Any solutions to this other than adjusting the mirror each time back to where it should be?

Thanks!
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Re: Mirror Dip Return

Post by Teee »

GTI_PLUS_TOM wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 pm Hello,

First post here but I have been a lurker since taking delivery of my reef blue GTI+ a little over a week ago! Absolutely loving ownership so far and continue to be impressed with the car.

I do however have a question regarding the dipping mirror, (I have seen a few posts in regards to thee so apologies if this has been asked before), when I select reverse and have the left mirror selected on the door control it dips to my saved position as it should. However, once I select drive again it will consistently return to facing the sky, much higher than my set driving position.

Any solutions to this other than adjusting the mirror each time back to where it should be?

Thanks!

Hi tom & welcome to the forum

Mirror dip is an excellent feature that I use all the time when parking on the left hand side,
I can’t remember fully of the top of my head but the Vehicle manual explains it quite clearly, it’s something along the lines of put the car in reverse put the mirror knob on the left setting, adjust so you can see the curb then put the gear selector in Neutral position or park and switch off ignition it’s definitely something along those lines but I’m not 100% sure. You can set the mirror for both keys if you shear your car. If you haven’t read the instruction manual I suggest you do as you will learn a few things you probably didn’t know about your car.
GTI_PLUS_TOM
New
Drives: GTI+

Re: Mirror Dip Return

Post by GTI_PLUS_TOM »

Teee wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:23 pm
GTI_PLUS_TOM wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 pm Hello,

Thanks!

Hi tom & welcome to the forum

Mirror dip is an excellent feature that I use all the time when parking on the left hand side,
I can’t remember fully of the top of my head but the Vehicle manual explains it quite clearly, it’s something along the lines of put the car in reverse put the mirror knob on the left setting, adjust so you can see the curb then put the gear selector in Neutral position or park and switch off ignition it’s definitely something along those lines but I’m not 100% sure. You can set the mirror for both keys if you shear your car. If you haven’t read the instruction manual I suggest you do as you will learn a few things you probably didn’t know about your car.
Thank you for your reply, I'll have a relook at the manual and see if I missed a step in the process in setting the mirrors so it will return to the correct position :)