multiple errors - stabilisation control / front assist deactivated / parkpilot

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stephendegnan
New

multiple errors - stabilisation control / front assist deactivated / parkpilot

Post by stephendegnan »

Have a 2018 polo.

Have occasional issue when driving where road is occasionally less smooth.

I tend to in quick succession get

error in stabilisation control (ESC), front assist deactivated, park pilot error

power then becomes limited - typically can't get above 45mph and acceleration is slow.

Only way to address it is to stop car, key out ignition, start up again (which I can do immediately) and everything is fine.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Is this something to go straight to the dealer?
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Re: multiple errors - stabilisation control / front assist deactivated / parkpilot

Post by mjsaville »

If you are a member of the RAC you could call them and get them to come read the fault codes for you.
wayne10244
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI +

Re: multiple errors - stabilisation control / front assist deactivated / parkpilot

Post by wayne10244 »

Why don’t you buy OBDELEVEN so you can check any faults your self I did a quick scan on my polo gti + and it showed that the front assist had 13 passive faults 1 in the DSG and 1 in the steering. Nothing to worry about as it showed the codes and I cleared them and haven’t had a problem with them since. Plus you can changes some of the things on your car with OBDELEVEN through the quick press app
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I agree with what's been written above. It would be a good first step to read out any errors stored in the modules with VW specific tools (OBD11, VCDS, ODIS).
Very likely some modules will point fingers at each other (ABS to engine to ACC/radar etc). Often just reading out the engine is not enough to find the cause. I'm suspecting some kind of sensor/wobbly contact issue to be the root cause for some implausible signal, triggering a chain of errors.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

just to add to above, chain of errors probably only 1 actual error, but being reported by every sub system that shares a module with the front assist.