GTI+ left air vent rattle

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

GTI+ left air vent rattle

Post by TheRacingRat »

My GTI+ now on 500miles and 4 weeks old has a left air vent near the door that rattles over 60mph on all but the smoothest surfaces, today I got the Mrs to press her hand on the vent and the rattle stopped, anyone else had this problem??

Also I have a slight knock noise occasionally from the offside rear of the car which haven’t been able to investigate yet. Loving the car so far apart from this. Looking forward to using full power soon😎
The Random Dan
New
Drives: GTI+

Re: GTI+ left air vent rattle

Post by The Random Dan »

My advice is... get used to it

Everytime I drive mine it rattles from somewhere different, handbrake lever, rear view mirror, dash vents, drivers seatbelt adjuster, passenger seatbelt adjuster.

Cheap plastic + firm ride + low profile tyres = rattles
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Post by mjsaville »

I would give your dealer a chance to fix it, you have up to 6 months to report rattles on a new car. You've just given them a large chunk of change for a new car so a rattle on the left side of the dash is v. annoying.

If you take the dash trim out and damage it your liable, if they take it out and damage in the process they will have to replace it.

A couple of other members have reported this so sounds like a common issue, I would make an appointment with the dealer. From what you say it should be easy for them to replicate the fault.

MJ
Mikemk4gti
New
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI+

Post by Mikemk4gti »

Mine has this rattle too and it does my head in!
Did you get yours fixed?
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

No still have it, it starts up mainly on concrete A roads above 60mph, been sidetracked since sorting out the bumper scuff from 2 weeks ago, I think it’s the lowest blade of the far left vent. I also have a knock noise from rear suspension when turning right, also a slight uneven panel gap between the bonnet and left and right wings which can hopefully be adjusted.