Reverse Camera no display

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
OomStu_ZA
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Reverse Camera no display

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Recently I've noticed when engaging reverse the camera does not display on the infotainment screen. If the gear lever is moved from reverse to park and reverse again it works. Anyone had a similar experience? I've seen it twice so far but could be more. Tbh I couldn’t be bothered going into my local dealer until this covid nonsense is over but who knows how long it will last.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti + limestone grey

Re: Reverse Camera no display

Post by Mike222 »

Is the rear badge opening , showing the camera ?
OomStu_ZA
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Yes it is. The camera works, just doesnt display until i move the gear lever from reverse in to park then into reverse again. What is displayed before using the trick to make the camera display is the outline of the car in the screen with seonsors display... so odd.
Teee
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm Yes it is. The camera works, just doesnt display until i move the gear lever from reverse in to park then into reverse again. What is displayed before using the trick to make the camera display is the outline of the car in the screen with seonsors display... so odd.

Have you tried pressing the Parking sensor button while in reverse?, normally if you press that the camera goes away And if you press it again it comes back.
Also do you have a type of obd code reading tool to check for faults ?
Dazeredo
Getting There!
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

That happened to me once or twice.