Help - Polo 2.0 TSI GTI DSG horrible noise from rear

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Help - Polo 2.0 TSI GTI DSG horrible noise from rear

Post by monkeyhanger »

wayne10244 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:47 am I was the one who said use a softer compound as I in the braking industry for over 33 years so I deal with so many different types brake from drum brake to airdrome brakes to air discs brakes to hydraulic brakes so I Doubt Vw mechanics would have the same Knowledge with these types of braking systems and the workings of them
They know what they're doing, they've been working with hydraulic braking systems for years, if the other types aren't fitted to their cars, lack of knowledge in that area is irrelevant to them.

Dealership mechanics work with many kinds of mechanical systems and the braking system is one of the least complex on the car for the physical components. A resonance issue is a simple fix if they're authorised to do so. Unfortunately their hands are tied by VW UK, what they are or aren't authorised to do and the parts they're allowed to use to do the fix.

No dealership is going to do remedial work that VW don't authorise and therefore won't reimburse for, it's as simple as that.

For VW it's a balance of performance vs cost. VW didn't allow for any damping that may be a consideration on a Passat, Arteon or the bigger Audis. In the bean counters eyes, someone paying £45k for a car that has brakes that howl in reverse with light braking has more right to than someone paying £23k for a Polo - customer expectations are generally higher the more you pay.

This is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of potential car issues. The brakes operate as they should, they're briefly a little noisy in the process.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: Help - Polo 2.0 TSI GTI DSG horrible noise from rear

Post by OomStu_ZA »

The price one pays is objective. One man’s 20000 Pound car is another’s “50000” Pound car. I guess it just depends how deep one’s pocket is. VW, imho, should treat all their customers the same and fix these silly problems because it may influence the buyers of their next vehicle, possibly ignoring VW completely.

While the brake noise is annoying I’ve just come to accept it as part of the "charm" shall we say 😊