Carista

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Noonoo632
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 polo sel 115ps

Carista

Post by Noonoo632 »

Can anyone tell me how you disable start stop using Carista. Had a look today and cannot see any way of doing this. Do I need the beta version? Your help is appreciated if anyone knows.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Re: Carista

Post by Dark_cze »

I don't know hot is it in Carista but as far as I remeber you need to change condition required for startstop activation. It should be done by raising minimal voltage of battery required for startstop (I believe it is set to something like 11,7V and people just set it to something they will never achieve like 15V or so).

//or you can just disconnect cable from sensor right at battery terminal. It will throw error about startstop and that is all. Also this shoud disable recuperative charging of battery and charge it like older cars did but I haven't tested it.
Noonoo632
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 polo sel 115ps

Re: Carista

Post by Noonoo632 »

Dark_cze wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 pm I don't know hot is it in Carista but as far as I remeber you need to change condition required for startstop activation. It should be done by raising minimal voltage of battery required for startstop (I believe it is set to something like 11,7V and people just set it to something they will never achieve like 15V or so).

//or you can just disconnect cable from sensor right at battery terminal. It will throw error about startstop and that is all. Also this shoud disable recuperative charging of battery and charge it like older cars did but I haven't tested it.

Thanks for that, first part sounds complicated, think I will just get into the habit of switching it off manually as soon as I get in the car and turn on the ignition.