Seat covers for GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
tallulah9360
New
Drives: GTI+

Seat covers for GTI

Post by tallulah9360 »

Has anyone found any seat covers that fit GTI seats and still look good. Am struggling to find any that aren't the loose fitting universal ones. Wondering whether to look at golf GTI ones but are the seats the same size?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Seat covers for GTI

Post by SRGTD »

With the Golf being a larger car than the Polo, I’m assuming the Golf’s seats will also be larger than those fitted in the Polo. If so, then any Golf seat covers you find won’t be a good fit.

IMO in car that has sports seats with prominent side bolsters, fitting many of the aftermarket seat covers won’t result a great fit and may give an appearance similar to fitting a bin liner over the seat. I would only really consider fitting seat covers if my work involved my work clothes getting dirty and there weren’t showering facilities available to be able to clean up, change my clothes at work at the end of the working day before driving home. If you’re concerned about spillages rather than general grime, then an alternative option might be to apply a fabric protection product such as Gyeon Q2 Fabric Coat (there are other similar products available).
TrebleTA
Bronze Member
Drives: 2021-22 GTI+

Post by TrebleTA »

Don't forget the front seats have are bags so you may not be able to cover them.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

TrebleTA wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 pm Don't forget the front seats have are bags so you may not be able to cover them.
Lots of aftermarket seat covers are airbag friendly, but always check that they are before buying.