Oil change

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
Magpie-01
New
Drives: Polo r line

Oil change

Post by Magpie-01 »

Hi I’ve been reading a few things saying to get an oil change after 1000 miles for your new polo gti any truth in this guys ?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Oil change

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nope, not a bit of it. The tolerances in en engine manufacture are tiny these days, there's no huge initial wear that'll fill up the oil filter. Oil change at 10k miles/15k km will be fine.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Not necessary IMO.

It may have been the norm 40+ years ago to do this, but oil technology and engine manufacturing processes have advanced significantly since then. VW’s on the long life / flexible service regime can go up to 18,000 / two years on the original oil that the engine is filled with in the factory before the first oil change is carried out.

I have a service plan for my VW so it’s on the time and distance service regime and will get oil and filter changes at the sooner of 10k miles or 12 months. I’m on my fifth VW and I keep my cars between 4-5 years. One of those cars was on the long life service regime and the others on annual / time and distance servicing, and during my ownership have never had any engine related issues with any of them, or with any other new cars I’ve bought before my current run of VW’s.
Magpie-01
New
Drives: Polo r line

Post by Magpie-01 »

Thanks for the replies that’s good to know