Tyre suppliers

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!

Have you heard of online tyre suppliers (Blackcircles/Pneus/Openeo)

Yes, I use them
56%
Yes, but not used them yet
17%
No, never heard of them
22%
No, heard of them but choose to ignore
6%

Total votes: 18

Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Tyre suppliers

Post by Andy Beats »

Just a bit of harmless fun/survey.
Stunned me today that a colleague paid over £400 (!!!!) for a pair of Michelins for his Qashqai (17 inch wheels).
He'd never heard of Blackcircles/Pneus/Openeo and was shocked to see he could have got them for £278 fitted with blackcircles.
Just wondering if anyone on here is equally unaware, or actually chooses not to use them.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Tyre suppliers

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve used Black Circles a couple of times and on both occasions the price was competitive and the service of the fitting centre I picked was good or very good. I did select what is meant to be their best affiliated fitting centres though - what Black Circles describe as a ‘Premier Garage’, and I dare say that service can vary from one Black Circles affiliated tyre fitting centre to another. However, based on my experience, I’d be more than happy to use them again if the price of tyres I was interested in was competitive.

Black Circles have what seems to be pretty much an ongoing discount on Michelin tyres - probably because Black Circles are owned by Michelin.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

I’ve use black circles and tyres on your drive in the past and have no problems either them.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Used Black Circles for my MPS4's. Got a good price thanks to members of this forum pointing out the discounts.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

3 votes for never heard of them is interesting, especially on a car forum.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:15 am 3 votes for never heard of them is interesting, especially on a car forum.
Yes, and they’ve been established for nearly 20 years (founded in 2002).
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I had a wheel on my Scirocco minced 10 years ago by a black circles approved fitter, so never went back. Costco all the way for me.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:31 pm Costco all the way for me.
I've never gone back to Costco after they insisted they would only fit new tyres on the rear wheels.
I'm not interested in the debatable safety ins and outs of this policy, fact is nowhere else insists on it.
Kwkifit, Halfords, National tyres and any number of smaller places I've used, happily put new ones on the front.
Costco have maybe changed this policy, or maybe I just got an awkward jobsworth fitter, end result is I've not been back with multiple cars since.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I get round that issue if it is still happening by only ever handing in wheels.

I did get concerned once when using them for a friend's car as I thought that they had replaced the wrong tyres!

Maybe not relevant for this age of Polo, but Costco are currently discounting their Bosch batteries by 15% this week, so that is almost 15% cheaper than Tayna Batteries due to them (Tayna) charging carriage.