Polo GTI Stage 1 Remap

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jackgti
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2020

Polo GTI Stage 1 Remap

Post by Jackgti »

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation for a stage 1 remap for the gti?

I’ve been holding out for REVO or racing line but seems to be taking forever.

Has anyone had a stage 1 done if so where and would you recommend?
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Polo GTI Stage 1 Remap

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Jackgti wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation for a stage 1 remap for the gti?

I don't think it's necessary to spend a heap on stage 1 with REVO or the likes. Depending what power you want you could just visit a reputable tuner in your area or contact someone pile Celtic Tuning who i've seen good reviews for and they'll come tune the car to around 250bhp for £360 on your driveway.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Tempting
Getting fed up of the way the power dies when I change gear.
Only way to avoid it is to really rev it hard, then the NVH becomes unbearable and makes me wince.
Jackgti
New

Post by Jackgti »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 pm Tempting
Only way to avoid it is to really rev it hard, then the NVH becomes unbearable and makes me wince.
I feel the exact same.

The gear changes feel so sluggish. Already checked with VWFS and any mods done to the car visual or hardware based won’t affect my PCP deal as long as car is put back to stock at the end, got it in writing too.

I am tempting to just get it tuned to about 250 with a dsg tune, see how it performs, my other limiting factor is insurance as I’ve checked prices and it’s stupid high.
Jackgti
New

Post by Jackgti »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:51 pm
Jackgti wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am Hi guys,

I don't think it's necessary to spend a heap on stage 1 with REVO or the likes. Depending what power you want you could just visit a reputable tuner in your area or contact someone pile Celtic Tuning who i've seen good reviews for and they'll come tune the car to around 250bhp for £360 on your driveway.
This will be the first vehicle I’ve tuned or messed with and wanted to get it done by a reputable company, the other tuners around the UK are good but hardly any have more than 30 reviews and I’m skeptical
German_Fartbox
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2.0 DSG (2020)

Post by German_Fartbox »

I got a quote a month or two ago from Celtic Tuning, this gives you an idea of what they're offering for what £££.
Attachments
celtic tuning quote.PNG
celtic tuning quote.PNG (62.28 KiB) Viewed 6492 times
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

More torque is definitely what I'm after, it really lacks that.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Jackgti wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Andy Beats wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 pm Tempting
I feel the exact same.

The gear changes feel so sluggish. Already checked with VWFS and any mods done to the car visual or hardware based won’t affect my PCP deal as long as car is put back to stock at the end, got it in writing too.

I am tempting to just get it tuned to about 250 with a dsg tune, see how it performs, my other limiting factor is insurance as I’ve checked prices and it’s stupid high.
Could be worth getting a DSG tune too if you feel that way about the gearbox.
Jackgti
New

Post by Jackgti »

German_Fartbox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 pm I got a quote a month or two ago from Celtic Tuning, this gives you an idea of what they're offering for what £££.
Ah thank you very much for this, spoke to a company near to me that did remap and dsg tune for £400 I think which was pretty decent.

Again I’m probably thinking into to much about using a very renown company like revo & racing line but I guess they all use the same tune at the end of day?
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

I’m in the same boat, hoping to go Stage 1 all Racingline to 250hp as my mate has a Leon Cupra which has way more grunt than the Polo. But they seem to be taking forever to release products, as there’s not that many Polo GTIs I’m not not sure some of these products will ever get released due to development costs.
Jackgti
New

Post by Jackgti »

TheRacingRat wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 am I’m in the same boat, hoping to go Stage 1 all Racingline to 250hp as my mate has a Leon Cupra which has way more grunt than the Polo. But they seem to be taking forever to release products, as there’s not that many Polo GTIs I’m not not sure some of these products will ever get released due to development costs.
Yeah, I have seen that the 2021 facelift gti is out in some countries so I’m going to guess once it’s re-released here (if it is) we will see the development processes speed up but I don’t really wanna bet on it.

I have been considering just swapping out the polo for a cupra to be honest they are rapid. But I’ve had a seat before and the service wasn’t the best so wanted to steer away.

I think I’m going to go for one with a company near me this may and get my insurance sorted once I do I’ll post some updates on how much different it feels and stuff.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

I’m tempted to try mrctuning they seem to have really good reviews. Have a look at their Facebook page.
Jackgti
New

Post by Jackgti »

TheRacingRat wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:06 am I’m tempted to try mrctuning they seem to have really good reviews. Have a look at their Facebook page.
Yeah, basically spoke to a few insurance companies and due to my age it’s going to cost me more than I want to spend, currently paying £400 per year on insurance and cheapest quote for a stage 1 is £1100.

So yeah going to scrap this idea haha, will just have to drive my TCR a little more
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

I’m not touching mine till next spring, but unless RacingLine get their finger out I will be proceeding with a:

Stage 1 MRC custom map and DSG map.
MST Intake
RacingLine Turbo Muffler delete.
RacingLine Turbo Elbow.
Cat bypass pipe.

Should get me to 250bhp. Will leave it at that.

May lower the springs slightly probably Eibach at some point in the future.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

TheRacingRat wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:03 pm I’m not touching mine till next spring, but unless RacingLine get their finger out I will be proceeding with a:

Stage 1 MRC custom map and DSG map.
MST Intake
RacingLine Turbo Muffler delete.
RacingLine Turbo Elbow.
Cat bypass pipe.

Should get me to 250bhp. Will leave it at that.

May lower the springs slightly probably Eibach at some point in the future.
Seems highly unnecessary to get the 250bhp figure. All you need for 250bhp is a £300-£400 ECU tune. Unless you're looking for more noise?

I have heard DSG tunes are well worth the money though. Later this year I plan in doing a de-cat, OPF delete, ECU remap, and DSG tune. I'm only looking for around 250bhp too but I want more noise as well.