Rejection Process

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Op97
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Rejection Process

Post by Op97 »

Hi,
I'm currently starting my rejection process with vwfs and apparently it can take up to 8 weeks for a response. Has anyone got any information about the vehicle rejection process with vw, it would help alot.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Re: Rejection Process

Post by TurboTrev »

You may find this thread on the T Roc Forum of some help: https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=879
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Op97 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 pm Hi,
I'm currently starting my rejection process with vwfs and apparently it can take up to 8 weeks for a response. Has anyone got any information about the vehicle rejection process with vw, it would help alot.
It helps in context.to know why you're rejecting, what faults you're experiencing that xan't be resolved. If it's something like apple play has drop outs when streaming music and you have the option of connecting via a lead, you've not got a hope . If the car keeps breaking down or cutting out or has a safety issue then you've in a far better position.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

We started rejection of our Evoque, as it was a real pain when new.
Basically, there was a software update to the DPF that needed to be done before any DPF warning lights came on.
Unfortunately the DPF light came on after only 900 miles, a couple of days before the software update could be done, and then it all went pear shaped.
The engine warning light would come on every 70 miles or so and it was in the garage for weeks on end before LR finally agreed to replace the DPF.
They loaned us a Discovery Sport during this time, which was fine, and the new DPF has cured the issue.
They agreed to rejection as the car was only weeks old and barely covered 1000 miles.
The deal was we could hand the car back and they would refund me, or we could accept a goodwill payment of £xxx and it wojuldn't affect our rights if the car continued to be a pain.
We accepted the latter.
The key point here is that rejection was easy because a major fault (the engine warning light coming on is major) and it was only weeks old.
Op97
New

Post by Op97 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:18 am
It helps in context.to know why you're rejecting, what faults you're experiencing that xan't be resolved. If it's something like apple play has drop outs when streaming music and you have the option of connecting via a lead, you've not got a hope . If the car keeps breaking down or cutting out or has a safety issue then you've in a far better position.
This is why I'm going for rejection of the vehicle -
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=75961
Op97
New

Post by Op97 »

This is why I'm going for rejection of the vehicle
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=75961&start=15
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Op97 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 pm
This is why I'm going for rejection of the vehicle
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=75961&start=15
Well that's a slam dunk rejection right there. No one should put up with a car that's more water absorbant than a sponge!