"Privacy Settings" what's it all about and is it safe anyway?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

"Privacy Settings" what's it all about and is it safe anyway?

Post by JohnF »

When turning on the infotainment on my Match it gives an annoying message saying the privacy settings are on maximum. No idea what that meant, so consulted the manual page 166. This says that every vehicle user/owner can adjust individual privacy functions, yet I can't find anywhere where it tells me how. To say it's complicated is an understatement.

I have spent hours reading the manual trying to understand exactly what functions are available on my car. Trying to answer many questions with reference to the manual is frankly a nightmare

According to Which the so called "security" is open to hacking anyway!:-

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/we ... agen-polo/

Has anyone mastered the Match infotainment/manual functions?!

What are members views on this security concern?
rapheal
New
Drives: Polo Turbo Edition

Re: "Privacy Settings" what's it all about and is it safe anyway?

Post by rapheal »

I'm somewhat new to the entire protection thing, and really all the data I've perused on this sub is somewhat overpowering. I feel like in the event that I followed all the guidance here I'd be in an ideal situation with a typewriter.

That being said, what are a few essentials steps to guarantee that I have moderate protection? I've killed most (the most that I could discover) of the google security settings, introduced HTTPS All over and Protection Badger. What else would it be advisable for me to do?

I simply don't care for the possibility of all that I do being followed or checked. I can manage the public authority summoning my data on the off chance that it came down to it; I simply could do without Google perusing my messages and information dealers find out about me than I do myself :!: