Swap between Apple CarPlay and Android Auto???

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TiggerK
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2021

Swap between Apple CarPlay and Android Auto???

Post by TiggerK »

Hi all, trying to find an answer for this question...

I have an iPhone, wife has a Samsung, both work fine individually on the new Polo GTI MY21 with S&V Wireless Carplay/AndroidAuto option, digital dash etc.

But if we're both in the car, it seems to default to the Android and I cannot find any way to swap over to Apple CarPlay without putting her phone into Flight mode, and waiting and eventually it usually sorts itself out, but not always, and takes ages. I can swap between phones to make and take phone calls no problem using the Toggle button, but if I want to use my Spotify or Google Maps/Waze etc there seems to be no way to swap between CarPlay and Android Auto.. It will sometimes ask what one I want upon startup and if I get it just at the right time it works, but once we're underway or stopped at the side of the road, seems to be no way on the infotainment system to swap between phones...

Anyone got any thoughts or knows if there is a way??
Cheers
TiggerK
German_Fartbox
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2.0 DSG (2020)

Re: Swap between Apple CarPlay and Android Auto???

Post by German_Fartbox »

I know its wireless but have you tried plugging your phone in whilst it has your wifes connected? Hardwired may take prio over wireless, once yours is connected you could unplug it again - or just leave it plugged in. I know this is annoying since you have wireless but could be a work around???

Does Android auto still have that stupid 'safety feature' where you only have so many gestures before you have to 'pay attention to the road' even when you're stopped in a carpark... Used to drive me mad when I had Android.