Brake Pedal Hard/Sensitive

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
tom.wright
New
Drives: 2023 Polo GTI, Pure White

Brake Pedal Hard/Sensitive

Post by tom.wright »

Hi guys,

My 2019 GTI went in for it's second service last week for health check and oil change etc. When it came out and I started to drive home I noticed again that the brakes were rock hard and the first junction I almost flew through the windscreen just using my normal foot force :lol:

It was like this after the first service last year as well, presumably they've tested the brakes as part of the health check so I don't know what this involves but they seem like they're "charged up" for want of a better phrase. After a few weeks it seems to return to normal. They've not changed the pads or discs or anything so I'm confused as to why this is?

Cheers
Tom
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Re: Brake Pedal Hard/Sensitive

Post by Harrihealey02 »

When it goes for health check they check all brakes for corrosion etc, and part of the service involves removing the wheels and cleaning the brakes. I think that's what you're experiencing.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

There's little no cleaning of brakes possible in-situ, it really bugs me that garages come out with this rubbish.
I can't explain the hard brake pedal for a few weeks, that's weird outside of a brake fluid change.
It's not something I've experienced either.
I've yet to have my GTi serviced, but my 95Tsi had two services and the brakes didn't do this.
tom.wright
New
Drives: 2023 Polo GTI, Pure White

Post by tom.wright »

Hmm, strange one then!

I always find they've yanked the handbrake up super tight when they've parked it to collect as well. Don't know whether this has any effect.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I had my gti serviced a couple of weeks ago and didn’t have this problem. My wife’s 95 tsi isn’t due for a couple of months so can’t compare yet. No issues with the handbrake either, but I have found Bolton VW to be a good dealer compared to others.