GTI+ Throttle response

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

GTI+ Throttle response

Post by silver38 »

I managed to find a preowned 2020 GTI+ to buy. After driving for a few days i find the throttle response flat and dull as dishwater in all modes including sport, my question is: Anyone know if the throttle response can be changed from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value' using VCDS or OBD Eleven as in the MK 7 Golf?
Thanks
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: GTI+ Throttle response

Post by S_94 »

Yeah it can. Quite a few people have done it on the Polo Owners Facebook group. Apparently it does improve it.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

silver38 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:37 pm I managed to find a preowned 2020 GTI+ to buy. After driving for a few days i find the throttle response flat and dull as dishwater in all modes including sport, my question is: Anyone know if the throttle response can be changed from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value' using VCDS or OBD Eleven as in the MK 7 Golf?
Thanks
There is a way at changing it on OBD Eleven. I think it's under steering or maybe transmission. If you do a quick google search i'm sure you'll find plenty of info.
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 (AW)

Post by ho8882000 »

The accelerator & throttle could have learnt the previous owner's driving style, I suggest you try resetting it as shown in the video below:

ho8882000
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 (AW)

Post by ho8882000 »

But if you really want to change the Driving Profile to "Direct: control over threshold value', you can access "44-Steering Assist" control module then go to "Adaptation" and change it at the highlighted channel as shown in the picture:
111.JPG
111.JPG (90.14 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
silver38
New
Drives: GTi+

Post by silver38 »

Thanks for the replies. Tried out the throttle resetting as per the video and another with slightly different procedure, didn't notice any difference. Will try out vcds tweek when my new laptop battery arrives.
Jackgti
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2020

Post by Jackgti »

silver38 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:37 pm I managed to find a preowned 2020 GTI+ to buy. After driving for a few days i find the throttle response flat and dull as dishwater in all modes including sport, my question is: Anyone know if the throttle response can be changed from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value' using VCDS or OBD Eleven as in the MK 7 Golf?
Thanks
Hi mate if you manage to get this done with obd eleven, and you actually notice a difference can you let me know how you did it? Thinking of buying obdeleven just to do it but wanna know if it’s actually possible.