Easiest access to speaker cables?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Eskimoigloo
New
Drives: 2020 Gti+

Easiest access to speaker cables?

Post by Eskimoigloo »

Hi there, I've had my 2020 Polo GTI+ a week now and already ordered some Focal speakers to upgrade as the standard ones are awful. I want to wire in a compact amp for the front 2, so does anyone know the easiest access point to all of the speaker cables?
Thanks in advance

Chris
ShamzGTI
New
Drives: AW GTI

Re: Easiest access to speaker cables?

Post by ShamzGTI »

Hi bud,

I am also looking to add an amp. I already got Focals installed. I think the best way is to purchase a T harness to reuse the existing wiring. What amp are you installing?
Eskimoigloo
New

Post by Eskimoigloo »

I'm looking at putting the Focal Impulse 4.320 behind the dash somewhere, hence looking for where I can access all the cables in one place
ShamzGTI
New

Post by ShamzGTI »

Everything is in the glove box. All cables is run from the receiver in the glove box. If I'm not mistaken the 4.320 is a plug and play amp but the harness/cables for the amp are sold separately. Would be great to know how it sounds.
Eskimoigloo
New

Post by Eskimoigloo »

Thanks for that, I found the wiring diagrams and it looked that way. I'm going to install the speakers and run for a week before deciding if it's good enough, plastic tool kit just arrived today. If it's still lacking I'll buy and install the amp, I've also checked and focals compact subs will fit under the boot floor next to the spare wheel, so that's phase 3 if I think it's required. I'll let you know how it goes. For reference I bought the Focal VW kit, about £130 for front woofers and tweeters.
ShamzGTI
New

Post by ShamzGTI »

Awesome stuff. From my personal experience the Focals sound more detailed than the standard rubbish. However I do noticed the lack of power running them from the standard head unit. From my side I installed a single square sound deadening behind the speaker inside the door. I also installed speaker foam rings to deliver sound straight into the cabin. That did enhance the sound and I would recommend it.
ukpolodriver
New
Drives: Polo 6C 2017

Post by ukpolodriver »

How did the focal install go mate ? did you get the amp and / or compact sub in boot ? keen to hear about your progress as considering a very similar setup for mine 6c
JeKaQ
New
Drives: MK6 POLO GTI+ AW

Post by JeKaQ »

Doing the exact same this weekend hopefully just ordered both front and rear speakers, the rivet tool and the amp, not sure but if I run direct connection from current unit to the amp will it still need direct battery power ?

Also anything I should keep in mind ?