VW Polo 68 Plate - Driver side & driver side passenger window won’t go down or up

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jam0_1
New
Drives: 2020 Polo MK6

VW Polo 68 Plate - Driver side & driver side passenger window won’t go down or up

Post by jam0_1 »

Hi Guys,

I previously posted about the VW polo door not locking and unlocking. However I managed to fix that issue there is now 1 problem that still needs to be looked at and that is the driver side & driver side rear passenger door window both don’t go down. I have checked all the connections going into the door card and the wiring loom but still can’t figure it out. I have tried a new Windows switch from VW and that is not working. As the car is CAT car Would I still be covered under warranty?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: VW Polo 68 Plate - Driver side & driver side passenger window won’t go down or up

Post by SRGTD »

Sorry, can’t help with solving your problem.

As to whether it can be fixed under warranty - presumably your reference to it being a CAT car means it was declared an insurance write off following an accident. Whether the VW 3 year factory warranty would apply probably depends on where and how it was repaired after it was declared an insurance write off. If it was repaired by a VW approved body shop / repairer to VW standards using genuine VW parts, then I’d say the original VW factory warranty ought to still apply. If not, then VW may try and avoid dealing with your current issue under warranty.