Wolfbox 12.5k mirror dashcam hardwire problem

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
crispyDilis
New
Drives: Polo 2018 95bhp

Wolfbox 12.5k mirror dashcam hardwire problem

Post by crispyDilis »

Hi everyone, I’m at my wits end and can’t make my hardwire work.

I have read all the useful tutorial in here but to no avail. I have recently purchased a Wolfbox mirror dashcam that can be powered w/a cig lighter however I want to do a proper hardwire install. I have purchased their hardwire installation kit as well. I have tried installing it but doesn’t work. I have also checked 12v fuse etc with my multimeter, but to be honest I really have no idea if what I was doing is actually right (my first car). I have attached the photo of said hardwire fuse, I also tried slots 45 and 46 both orientation but don’t even work when I turn the engine on :cry:

https://ibb.co/KyYS6jS
https://ibb.co/30Mtrnq

Hence, my question is:
1) Is this fuse type compatible with the polo 2018? Unfortunately the hardwire kit doesn’t have any interchangeable fuse, I don’t even know if it is a mini fuse? Or if the polo uses a mini fuse
2) Or do I have to connect both acc and bat connectors to make it work?

I have checked both the fuse in the hardwire kit and they seem to be working according to the tune of the multimeter.

I’dgreatly appreciate all input, thank you
crispyDilis
New

Re: Wolfbox 12.5k mirror dashcam hardwire problem

Post by crispyDilis »

CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Firstly does the dash cam work from the 12volt socket with its supplied wiring ?
If yes then we have access to a complete work shop manual for the AW polo

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=75383

Don’t forget a good earth/ ground is also required 🤔
crispyDilis
New

Post by crispyDilis »

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have made it work since. Apparently it’s a combination of the dashcam battery being drained and my false routing of the fuse taps. I might make a guide about it in the future, there is so much wealth in this forum that I’m thankful for. But it is hard to stitch together specially if you’re a beginner. Thanks!