Rusted disc brakes

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
pressplay
New
Drives: vw polo gti

Rusted disc brakes

Post by pressplay »

Greetings fellow drivers,
I am an Polo Gti 2019 owner with mileage of 28 000 km over those 3 years. As we all know the noise , when moving backwards, that comes from the brakes is present with most vehicles mine was not in exception. As I was not driving the car much during the last two winters, when I drove it I noticed that the brakes were stuck on when initiating forward movement, even though I did not use the handbrake when I parked.
So today I drove the car to VW service point for inspection and I mentioned that when I brake on a downward slope I feel a vibration on the wheel and I told them that it would be due to the reasons written above.
As I result of the inspection I got told that the disc brakes have bulges due to the rust and I have to replace them.
So my question is if there is a chance that I can dispute low quality of parts. They told me that there had to be cracks on the discs for them to replace them as a faulty part.
As I see this replacement as a pointless one because it will eventually happen again due to the incoming winter, what do you guys suggest ?
If I am going to replace them are there any better quality items that at least survive for more than 2 winters in case of low drive mileage ....
Edit : My view is that the fault came from the incorrect setting of the pads, which stuck to the disc and made them rusty more than it would do under normal circumstances .... But I get to pay for it
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Rusted disc brakes

Post by monkeyhanger »

The brake discs should have surface dust only, not penetrative rust, and as a result, that surface dust should be scrubbed off every time you use your brakes. Surface bulges sounds like BS to me.