1.9TDi 100 engine vibration.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Bluebob
New
Drives: 9n 1.9 TDi

1.9TDi 100 engine vibration.

Post by Bluebob »

I have had this car for a couple of months now, it has 90k on the clock and two things bother me. I drive like your gran 99% of the time and most of the journeys are straight through 30 mile trips on lightly trafficked A-roads. Fuel consumption is mid 50's overall which Includes occasional 200 mile journeys where, driving at 60mph I can just about squeeze 60mpg. My previous motor was a passat 1.9 TDi 90 with similar mileage that easily got 58mpg average and 70 on a hypermile motorway run so in my estimation the Polo is poorly. The car idles ok and has plenty of grunt above 2000rpm but it creates an annoying vibration below 2000rpm in any gear and needs a lot of throttle to maintain speed. I removed and cleaned the (moderately gunked up) EGR which improved the vibration so it, more or less, only happens below 1500rpm now. The Passat never suffered from this and would pull cleanly from idle. I know the Passat had the pre-PD engine so direct comparison is not possible but everyone says the PD is the best so what's going on with my engine?