Warrenty - has VW given anyone a warrenty yet?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
scattycat1
New

Warrenty - has VW given anyone a warrenty yet?

Post by scattycat1 »

My warrenty ran out in the middle of April, but a month prior had rang VW warrenty up to ask how much it'd cost to renew as it was something that I could afford to do, but was told that since January 2005 the FSA had been looking at VW's warrenty prices, and that they were not finalised, so had to register my interest with VW customer services, and that they would ring when they had the new prices ...

Its now JUne, and still I havent had any word from VW on the warrenty prices, I also dont have the money to fork out for the warrenty as at a guess it'd be 300-400.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

I'm in the situation whereby my finance runs out in November 2006 (another 1 year 5 mths), and about 6 months before it ends I'll be looking to get another car, so my other question is do I renew for a year, whenever, VW warrenty prices are sorted out?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

As of the middle of January it became a legal requirement that if a company is offering finance or insurance products, that company must be FSA accredited
My local VW dealership tell me that they were "one of the first motor groups in the country to achieve the necessary accreditation". However there was an article in today's Auto Express which claims that most VW dealerships aren't actually registered yet due to "delays in the paperwork", but that the warranties are controlled by a third-party company and you can still get them renewed and/or honoured if necessary? I'll have to dig the magazine out at work tomorrow... have you pestered VW to see if they can offer you a warranty yet?

£300-400 would be a good guess, thats what I was quoted and I decided not to go for it in the end.
scattycat1
New

Post by scattycat1 »

I did pester them quite a lot, think I rang twice a week, as I was told 'we should know next week', but in the end I gave up as it was costing me money.

My boyfriends warrenty ran out the end of March and even he hasnt heard anything from them (as they said they'd ring in order of who's warrenty has ran out the earliest - so if they're 6 months behind it could take quite a while for them to contact me I guess!)
NickP
Bronze Member

Post by NickP »

I'm in a different sitiuation cos i own a mk5 51 reg, and bought mine second hand from the dealer about 4 months ago which came with a years free warranty.

When going through all the paperwork with the guy frm VW they offed me an extra 2 years warranty. I was gonna tell them where to go but it was only £240 quid, I almost fell off my chair :lol:
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

scattycat1:

Basically in the same situation as you. My warranty runs out the beggining of september next year.

Im trying to find out whether i should extend my warranty then, or look to change car.

if you find out, appriciate if you could let us know on here. my garage are useless at ringing you back.

im going to start using another garage bit further away.

cheers
dxg

Post by dxg »

I'm going to try to find out what can be done on this front.

Esp. now that my car is one month away from the end of its warranty and the engine management light decided to make an appearance today. :roll:

Deek.
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

Hi,

Has anyone been able to find out about extending warrantys yet?

Prices etc

Thanks!
SimonCorrigan
Bronze Member

warranty

Post by SimonCorrigan »

hi i used to have an extended from warrantys direct. seemed to be better than the vw (and much cheaper). i paid the extra to have the work carried out by at a vw dealer should the worst happen and thankfully didn't have to use it. just wrapped the gti round a tree instead. paid about £18 per month. the tdi i've just got comes with a year of the orginal man/f left as well as the dealers.
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Re: warranty

Post by tom-polo53 »

[quote="SimonCorrigan"]hi i used to have an extended from warrantys direct. seemed to be better than the vw (and much cheaper). i paid the extra to have the work carried out by at a vw dealer should the worst happen and thankfully didn't have to use it. just wrapped the gti round a tree instead. paid about £18 per month. the tdi i've just got comes with a year of the orginal man/f left as well as the dealers.[/quote]

briliant thanks, I spoke to VW this afternoon and they said it should be in the region of £300 for the 1.4 fsi version.

yours sounds really good- i'll look for there website
SimonCorrigan
Bronze Member

Post by SimonCorrigan »

Sorry should have checked. Just punched the details in for the Polo 1.9 TDI and its come back with near £26 per month. So cheaper to go for the VW one! That must be a first!
edli83
Getting There!

Post by edli83 »

does anyone know what warrantydirect gold cover WOULDNT cover. I've looked at the policy which says it covers a bunch of stuff which all means nothing to me, so in real terms kind what of failiures would I have to pay for myself??
Ed