Result of todays warranty work...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Good point, I'm interested in this too, but don't feel like going about it the hard way~!

Perhaps we can pursuade him into giving up the size of the arm and blade...
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

for the wiper missing bits try a new blade of another make and if its still not right lift tyhe arm and bend it slightly so that there is more of a kink in it i.e. it presses harder on the glass also try some rain-X (i swer by it)

ps when you do the arm im not responsible if you do a "josh" :wink:
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

mole wrote:He's got it, but too goddamn lazy to fit it! And I need to know it if fits and works before I do it!

LOL, Me lazy :roll:

I got the blade, arm and cap today after the service department forgot to order it!! :? Total cost (at cost) £15.00 8) The new blade looks well 'sprung' so it should stick like glue when I fit it :P
I did try and get it fitted today but someone where I work (Audi) is gonna fit it for me tomorrow. Looking at it it'll definately fit though, not sure about a MK4 Polo but at the end of the day a rear wiper arm is a rear wiper arm, lol.

Also got my upgraded rear speakers today, gonna set me back about £75 (inc. new grilles), believe they are 60 watt :?:

I left the invoice at work so I'll get prices tomorrow.

Neil
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Cool Nelson, perhaps you could hook us (or me anyway) up with the size of the wiper blade and arm. Part numbers would be much appreciated too... Thanks!

:D
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Yeh Part no.s would be good.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Speedlaw

I think the new Aero rear blade from a 9N is 340mm (I think!) and the 6N2 is 280mm... It is much longer anyway. I thought you'd be able to chop the Aero blades down easilly as they are rubber) but they have end caps on etc, so I don't know if it would look wack if you chopped it?

Also, like I put on the other post in MK4 section... I don't know if the arm will fit on the spindle properly... The 9N spindle looks visually longer than the 6N/6N2

I want these wipers so badly, and after paying £50 for the front arms and blades, I'm going to make them fit!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Good point Josh- the spindle may cause a lot of trouble. Doesn't the Lupo have a similar Aero rear wiper? Its rearwindow is much smaller and may make it easier to fit.

The Passat has one too, but that's even bigger than the 9n.

One more thing, I think we'd be able to cut the rubber blade down, but it would cause the hookup point of the arm on the blade to be out of centre. The actual fitting of the arm would be most difficult though.

I've just checked ETKA, the G4 rear wiper is 340mm, the Passat 3BG is 380mm, the Lupo and 6N/F are 280mm. The 340mm for the 9N you mentioned seems very likely.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Ordered my rear aero wiper today, £12 :)
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

mole wrote:Ordered my rear aero wiper today, £12 :)
So did must've included the arm too, right? Any part #'s? I assume there isn't a difference in LHD and RHD for rear wipers.

Thanks!
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Yep includes arm, blade, cap etc.... Don't think there is a difference between LHD and RHD. I will try and get you some parts numbers, I never ordered through dealers.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Oh okay, well don't worry to much about that then. I'll talk to my parts guy when the time comes.

8)
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

OK, the part numbers...

BLADE: 6Q6955425A
CAP: 6Q6955435A
ARM: 6Q6955707A

Total cost to me was #11.30 8) Would have been worth it even at retail price though.