Come Home Lighting

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mjmills
Bronze Member

Come Home Lighting

Post by mjmills »

hi guys, does anyone know how to install the come home lighting (external lights on car turn on as you unlock) i presume this is little more than just a vag-com session given what vw charge for it, but not sure how it can be that much more?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I wouldnt think it is more than a code change - on my dads merc its just in the menu options. Im pretty sure the polo is pretty similar

Cheers,

Alex
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I'd like it too - i've seen a video of it on youtube but not sure what he did!
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

well i should have the ross-tech vag-com coming from the states in a couple of weeks so will not doubt try everything to get it working, was just interested to see if people thought i was trying to flog a dead horse, or if it was just a code change. If anyone else has had this done to their car i would love to know.
Last edited by mjmills on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

If you can get it working with just altering some settings on vag com - I'd be interested it getting it done too. Keep us updated pls.
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

mjmills wrote:well i should have the ross-tech vag-com coming from the states in a couple of weeks so will not doubt try everything to get it working, was just interested to see if people thought i was trying to flog a dead horse, or if it was just a code change. If anyone else has had this done to their car i would love to know.
i think it is more than just a code change. i believe the central convenience units are totally different.