Not Happy

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)

Not Happy

Post by Guest »

So, took the Polo into the dealers yesterday to get them to fix the passenger window and a rattle from the left rear trim panel, near the speaker. Due to us both working it's impossible for us to take it in during the week, so we had this visit booked for nearly 3 weeks.

Turned up, checked in. No record of us requesting a courtesy car, but “that’s ok, we have a couple of cars inâ€
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Dear oh dear....

Not cool. At all. I guess one of the few good things about not having warrenty since 5 years ago means I end up fixing it myself.

No chance in you finding a different dealer?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

They scratched my centre console on the o/s when they replaced my Seat base. I noticed a couple of days later but didn't complain because

A) They would have had to replace the whole centre console (which would have meant more grief and probably more rattles)
B) I work for them so I cant act like a normal customer and go mad :wink:

Post by Guest »

Speedlaw wrote:No chance in you finding a different dealer?
Yeah, There is another Vindis Dealer, about 20 mins in the opposite direction, in St Ives.

We didn't buy the car from that one, mainly because it was difficult to get them to be bothered selling us one!

Thing is, I've now had the pleasure of 4 different dealers, around the country, and i can't recommend any of them.
:(
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i tried 4 dealers round leeds and didnt find one that was even reasonably competent so dont worry your not on your own.
as for the whole issue in this post id go to the dealer manager and complain about;
condition of the courtesy car
attitude of the dealer (lying)
competence of the mechanics doing the work (i might go into this at greater length when im on a semi inteligeble keyboard)
if the dealer manager dosent want to help then go over his head and go to vag uk ( i once had to go to vag germany to get an issue resolved)
hopefully after all that you might get some form of compensation, like a service in which they will forget the oil drain plug :lol:
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Put this all down in writing, do a cut n' paste job into word :twisted:

Send it to the owners of the dealership explaining that you would like to be compensated for the inconvenience this has caused you 'time is money' and all that and see what you get. If still no joy ask for good will gesture or you will take the matter up with VW UK, I'm sure they don't like dealers that give VW a bad name by lying.
tdisport
Getting There!

more probs.

Post by tdisport »

I've had similar problems with door trims on passenger front door (whole of inside door had to be replaced).

Lower and centre consule has been replaced (never the same - squeaks).

Seat squeaks, dash rattles.

Oh, and took it in to have rear wiper fixed and the plastic on inside was scratched. Really annoying as right by glass so is visible even when boot closed.

Really dissapointed with VW build quality.

Post by Guest »

I can put up with the odd problem, all cars have them, some owners (vw owners in general) are more vocal in expressing their various squeaks and rattles, mainly because VW spent so long telling the world that they didn't have any squeeks and rattle problems.

What gets right up my nose is "VW factory trained" mechanics doing this to my car, whilst repairing a faulty electric window mechanism:

Apologies for the large image sizes. If it offends, i will reduce them

door trim incorrectly fitted

damage to door handle

damage to window switch and surround

If this is what factory trained people do, i hate to think what my local garage would do to it...
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nelson_Wilbury

HOLY s**t!!

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Thats bad, VW took apart (or at least were supposed to) my o/s door today. God knows what my trim is like :oops:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Very bad.
I managed to take apart and put back together again, quite a few times now, both of my doors.
I would be very upset if I were you.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

So what's the score then Sparky?

Post by Guest »

UPDATE:

Wrote a letter, including the pictures i took on our 35mm camera (the ones on here are pretty naff) and sent one copy to the dealer, and another copy to VWUK. I have had a pretty lame "will get back to you" from the dealer but nowt yet from VWUK. The Service Manager had my girlfriend in tears of rage when he rang her at work and said the parts were in, but if we didn't let them fit them, the warrenty would be invalid on that door! YEAH RIGHT.

Picked up the parts last Saturday. The Sevice manager wouldn't come out of his office, we could see him look up through the glass and make himself look busy! Bloody good job he didn't, as when i opened the parts and looked at the switch it proved that i was correct and that he was lying. The window switch is all one peice, with a connector on the back for the wiring loom. So all that b****x about having to take the switch apart was just that, b****x

Anyway, we had to sign a form to take the parts, basically saying we would bring the old ones back. Nothing about the warrenty being invalid. God i hate that man!

So we have the parts. and as the only bit that needs tools is the handle, i could fit them. But i am waiting to here back from the dealer and VWUK first.