Few 9N avatars

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mole
Admin

Few 9N avatars

Post by mole »

Got these from another forum.
Bloke called Krupa made the red one, I asked him to make me a silver one, then had a go at the other colours myself. Including the modded silver one, which has been lowered a tad, and has tinted windows. As well as black mirrors :roll: <-- mine :D

So... If we ever get avatars enabled on here, or if you use another forum which uses avatars, then here are a few to choose from.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Mole
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Nice, don't suppose you could ask him to edit the blue one, mine now leans a little to the left...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that joke... :oops:
dxg

Post by dxg »

Err - were you serious?

Save it for prosperity. A reminder, if you will.

But seriously, good luck getting it sorted. I recall a Bora on mkivs that did the same thing with pretty much the same failure mechanism. I suspect you're right about the "design to fail" - critical chains, FMEA, and all that.

That would be good news, though - the damage would be isolated and more expensive parts not affected??

Deek.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Beat me to it :)
Don't worry Nelson, I felt the same for a few days after smashin my baby up. She'll be fixed soon :D
dxg

Post by dxg »

Mole,

Out of interest, what did happen to yours?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

dxg wrote:Err - were you serious?

Save it for prosperity. A reminder, if you will.

But seriously, good luck getting it sorted. I recall a Bora on mkivs that did the same thing with pretty much the same failure mechanism. I suspect you're right about the "design to fail" - critical chains, FMEA, and all that.

That would be good news, though - the damage would be isolated and more expensive parts not affected??

Deek.
:lol: That cheered me up, one problem though, on that pic it would actually be on the right (I was thinking at it from inside, lol!)

I will definately keep that though, I'll put it in my sig. soon :wink:

What I found funny though last night was that there was a strange 'creaking' noise from the front suspension (probably a couple of bushes) but now I'll have to pay for them myself :(
I just cannot understand why it did it though, I've done that corner loads of times and at the same speed and it just ploughed into the kerb.

I will however, definately get some pics of this and try and see some humour in the situation, that is until I get the bill... :shock: :shock:
dxg

Post by dxg »

:wink:

Maybe the creaking noise is related? Could something have been failing as you were hearing it, then it failed - sending you into the kerb.

I would ask for a diagnoisis(sp?) of what failed and what caused that failure (i.e. a "manufacturing defect" with any luck). If there are any cracks/sheared surfaces - look for dirt on them. If the dirt goes part way into the crack/across the surface then this could have been the creaking noise you were hearing - i.e. the crack was forming as you drove, and the dirt was getting into it to prove this fact. If the crack/surface then continues with no dirt that would either be the sudden failure that occurred when you applied cornering forces to it, or which occured with the shock loading of hitting the kerb.

These are only, of course, a layman's thoughts.

That would be the slant I would put on it - "I suspect it was failing for some time and the accident was therefore caused by a defect" - hence, VW should pay.

Is it even worth trying this?
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

dxg:

Well....

The day before I went to Sweden, I had my normal 17s on, and was driving to pick up my snowchains and roofbars from a hire place.
It had been snowing, and there was about an inch of snow on the road.
Went into a roundabout a little too fast I suppose, for the conditions, and ended up driving in to a kurb.... pretty much like young Nelson here.
Damaged an alloy. Everything else seems ok. Luckily.

THEN.......

In Sweden, this time with my steel wheels on, with snow tyres.... I was driving along quite happily, at about 50mph. Slowed down to about 30-40mph for this bend, came round the bend, and met a big fat moose standing in the road. My first reaction was to swerve round the f***er, which caused me to travel sideways down the road. All good I thought before trying to correct it, thought I was safe but the car all of a sudden gripped throwing me the other way before spinning a few times, taking out a couple of posts on it's way down a ditch. Wasn't happy!!