Suspension Failings

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Suspension Failings

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Nelson's mail has got me worried. For a few weeks now I've had sporadic suspension noises coming from the n/s when I drive over speed humps or hit potholes in the road.

I called VW UK to see if anyone else has logged faults, they hadn't heard of this and forwarded me to my dealer. My dealer can only see me on Monday morning but did advise that if I'm not comfortable driving the car then I can call VW emergency assistance, they will come out and check my car for me. Remember we are entitled to courtesy cars via our warranty so if you need to hire a car Nelson and VW find fault with your car you could claim back the cost of car hire.

Des
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Interesting. Haven't heard them for a while now, but I used to get funny noises coming from the suspension, when climbing in and out of the car, going over speed bumps, all sorts.

Im taking it to my dealer for a few other things, so will get them to have a look, even though I've not heard it for a while.
vwpower
Bronze Member

Post by vwpower »

From the first week I star to felt a noise
at the front. On te right wheel. On te copilot Side (I am a left driver)

So i took it to de VW and they told me that they didn`t fel anything. So that I keep on drivin it and if it come back that call them again.

So last week I keep on feeling the noise more often.

I notice that when I was on stand and take off kind of quickly and the suspension goes up It felt the noise. And then When I brake to 0 the crank felt again.

So these wendsday I took it to VW and told them that I whant that the car be check and I want it for that same thay.

It was around 7:30 am

I call at 2:00 pm an they told me that it was ready.

What was the problem?

THE ENGINE MOUNTS
WERE LOOSE

can you imagine that :x :x :x

any way I took it out of the vw and allot of noises that were already at the front of the car deesapear. :wink:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

That's quite worrying vwpower!
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

I've always had noises coming from the front suspension. But more common on mine is the rear (I think its one of the bushes on the o/s).

It seems unlikely (or unbelieveable? :lol: ) it was suspension failiure but those creaking/goaning noises minutes before the car went into the kerb (especially the frequency) have really got me thinking :?

The car now needs a steering column @ £145 :cry: Total cost for parts is as bad as £300 + VAT.