Fitting Golf R32 pedals to MK6 Polo...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Nelson_Wilbury

Fitting Golf R32 pedals to MK6 Polo...

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Hello again everyone, some good news about my car today but I'll post that later...

Seeing as my little accident is gonna put back my new car by around 12 months (only to get the new reg) I've finally decided to put some little personal touches to my car :) Being me they have to be original VW parts :lol:

The first mod I've fallen for is the Golf R32 pedals, does anyone know if these fit the Polo without any cutting to the actual (attached) pedals. Looking at the pic in the mod forum it looks like the R32 pedals ARE attached to a MK6 Polo. Has anyone carried out this mod? Or do you know anyone I could speak to about it?

Cheers

Neil
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Neil,

Did this mod a few months back.....

RHD pedals are a direct replacment for brake and clutch pedals but NOT for the acc. pedal.

The way round this is to order RHD clutch and brake, and LHD acc. covers.

:)
Hope this helps.

mole
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Thanks for the quick reply mole.

Do you know if the LHD accelerator pedal needs any gluing or cutting. I'd like the choice to remove them if the next owner requests it.

Thanks
Neil
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

No probs.

As far as I know the LHD acc. cover fits straight over, with no gluing or cutting so can be removed without any hassle.

When I ordered mine, few months ago, I ordered RHD everything.
Nobody had done it on a Polo, so I didn't know it wouldn't fit.

Mine's siliconed on, can get it off easy though if I wanted to.
When I've run out of mods to do I'll order a LHD one to replace it.

Hope this helps.
mole
tdisport
Getting There!

Pedals

Post by tdisport »

Are these the pedals??

Art.-Nr. 8N1 064 200

I really want some for my polo but want them to be removable if sell the car etc...

Also, worried that they would be slippery in the wet. Are they?/
Also, anyone got a price????
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Sorry not sure on part no. or price.

They are slippery. I reversed upto a car, foot slipped off clutch, almost hit the car :shock: Not good!
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Oh, I was gonna do this mod myself but if they're slippery then I'll give it a miss, unless VW do other types.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

They're not that bad.

VW do the Lupo GTI pedals and the Gold Anni pedals as far as I know. May be worth a look.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

im using some annodised blue pedals with red inserts and i find them slightly grippier than stock (i normally drive in trainers and occasionally in steel toe capped boots) i beleve they are sparco and look really good when i use my footwell lighting
Nelson_Wilbury

Re: Pedals

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

tdisport wrote:Are these the pedals??

Art.-Nr. 8N1 064 200

I really want some for my polo but want them to be removable if sell the car etc...

Also, worried that they would be slippery in the wet. Are they?/
Also, anyone got a price????
Yeah, I had noticed they offer a TT pedal kit in Germany for the new Polo, unfortunately the part no. does not pass through on the CAG system so are unavailiable to order over here :cry:

Well, from what I have gathered the RHD accelerator pedal needs glueing but the LHD can fit straight on. Which is why i'm ordering my R32 set tomorrow :) Total cost to me £35.07 8) About £20 more than TT ones but worth the extra premium looking at them.

What I find annoying about my pedals is I always get squeaking on my shoes :? There shouldn't be too much grip loss both R32 and TT pedals have rubber 'grips' in them. LHD R32 pedal is gonna be a Back order part so i'll have to wait five days before I can see them on my car :cry:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Yeh they aren't too bad, just a bit less grip than standard in the wet!

I got mine from Germany because they are cheaper! But yours probably work out about the same price with your discount :)

Anyway, will look wicked when on. I love mine.
Get a bit scratched up with dried mud and stones on ya shoes, but at that price u can replace them every now and then!

Not the best pic, but there you go :)
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Well, fitted the pads today 8)

Decided to go for the TT ones in the end because I wanted ones that looked nice and not sporty, really finishes off the interior though :P
I ordered the LHD accelerator pad in the end, fits 'snug' but it did come of on the way home so I'm gonna stick an adhesive pad on it so I wont damage the actual accelerator pedal when I come to take it off selling time :)

I have pics but they are on a disposable camera so they'll be up soon.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Excellent :)