Skoda Fabia RS is a...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
dxg

Skoda Fabia RS is a...

Post by dxg »

... diesel!!

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/index_fabia_rs.html

I was expecting more from this, actually. Somewhat underwhelmed(sp?)

Does explain the 6-speed gearbox in owner's manual, tho.

And those wheels are rather nice...

Out of interest, what are the figures for the 1.9TDI in the polo - is this a direct transplant, or a tweaked version of the same engine??

Deek.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

The engine in the Fabia is the same one that's in the Ibiza Sport. 130bhp 1.9PD TDi. It is a tweaked version of the Polo 1.9TDi, I think the enhancement has something to do with the injectors but I could be wrong. I would have thought they'd put the 150 tdi in that car just like Ibiza have done with the CUPRA, now that's the car you really want. Should be out later this year.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Yup, I agree actually.

I think it's a case of the manufacturers needing to start to educate customers that performance (or rather the full driving experience) has as much to do with torque as with horsepower.

I've said it before on this forum, but I'll say it again - I would have gone for a diesel had I been able to afford it. However, having said that, I'm not sure if the "affordability issue" was real, or just perceived in my mind - hence the need for the education.

Deek.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Once you own a diesel you can't really see any reason for switching back the petrol. OK it can be noisy until the engine's warmed up but then you have almost double the amount of torque to play with. Consumption is good and then you always have that great turbo whistle between 1800 - 2500 rpm, and that's your powerband really so there's no need to trash the engine, the max I take mine is 3300.

If only VDUB'd put the 150 in the Polo :idea: