Always Hot !!! :(

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Lordnikon
Getting There!

Re: Always Hot !!! :(

Post by Lordnikon »

Central flap motor is 6Q0 907 511

There is one cheap on ebay at the moment Item number: 250360535593
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that "the deal" with running basic settings on any of these items is to let the a controller know when the end stops have been reached, by doing that you will avoid the motors being stopped before reaching the end stops or sitting on the end stops and still getting driven and heating up leading to early failure. Some small servo motors are built to tolerate being stalled - but I'd doubt if these one will have been. I've only heard that with Climatronic A/C systems, it does no harm, and maybe a lot of good, to run "basic settings" once or twice a year - I chose to believe that as it might just save me a lot of hard work!
vwpolo16v
Bronze Member

Post by vwpolo16v »

Lordnikon wrote:It turns out you dont need vag-com, but you SHOULD run the basic settings test on the motors once fitted.

Upon closer inspection the motor gears have 2 teeth that are joined with blocks. These mate to a similar (albeit the other way around) layout on the gears that control the flaps. These obviously have to match for the motors to install and be positioned correctly. Seems that VW did use a brain cell in the end then :roll: :lol:

I have been reliably informed that this alone is enough to guarantee a successful installation, but it is recommended that the motors are tested once installed and any subsequent error codes cleared.
Does this diagram show what to expect and how to align the cogs ?? :

where 2 is the motor cog and 1 + 3 are the flap cogs.
Lordnikon
Getting There!

Post by Lordnikon »

Post above does indeed show what to expect. The double pins being indicated with the faint dotted lines.

Agree with the basic seetings too. Will run mine next weekend on vag-com - my part hasn't turned up today so looks like it will have to wait now :(
JUV
Getting There!

Post by JUV »

Lordnikon wrote:It turns out you dont need vag-com, but you SHOULD run the basic settings test on the motors once fitted.
I'm probably being really stupid here, but how do you run basic settings without vag-com? I've seen it mentioned before but always assumed it was something you needed vag-com (or the like) to do.

We had an interesting variation on the usual heating problem today - usually it's stuck on either hot or cold until you stop the car, but this morning, with the dial on hot and the aircon off, it suddenly went from toasty warm to freezing cold without any warning at all, and it wasn't until the car was stopped and restarted twice that it went back to hot. Is it possible that the heating system would have tried to adjust the flaps (and got them stuck on cold) without the aircon being on or any adjustment made on the dial? Or have we got a loose wire somewhere else?
chou
New

Post by chou »

im a bit lost..... is all you have to do replace the two motors? :S

because on another thread someone mentions two motors (one on each side of the dash) so which have been replaced above? and whats all this business with cogs?
JUV
Getting There!

Post by JUV »

Lordnikon wrote:Thats the recirc motor. I have some more pics of the central fan one and its location etc to add alittle later on.
Any chance you could post those? It's the central flap motors (that switch cold to hot and vice versa) that's the biggie for me, although getting the recirc sorted would be great too :)

Stupid, and possibly too late question - do you have aircon on the car you're working on, or is it likely to be all different on a a/c car? We have it, but never use it (partly because just getting the hot air switched off is practically impossible).
akz786
New

Post by akz786 »

Was there any luck in getting all the pics for the fix to the Center Flap motor too.
I have the exact same issue with a 1.2s 2002 ....

I have VAG-COM and am fairly able to remove parts here and there so could attempt both myself, but I am unsure to the central one (v154)?

Thanks
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

could it possible be the heater matrix?
i had this problem in my old polo sport 100 bhp