tornado_ally says farewel to his Polo after 7 years

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
tornado_ally
Silver Member

tornado_ally says farewel to his Polo after 7 years

Post by tornado_ally »

Hey guys and girls,

I am selling my polo after owning it for 7 years. got it brand new with 22 miles on the clock when i was 17. It is now a 60k mile veteran of the London roads and time cometh to part with her. Only problem is i need to sort out the gear linkage issue before I hand her over to her new owner. Anybody got any ideas on where i can get the parts needed as she aint needed parts in a long time so i'm not as clued up about where to get the best parts. The problem is it goes from second to first while trying to put it in third- also the gear stick dont centralise itself when you drag it left/right while in neutral. you drag the gear stick left it stay leaning to the left, you drag it right, same again.

also does the water pump need to be changed when changing the timing belt set up?

many thanks in advance guys. I have been a member here since i was 18. damn time flies!

Ally
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: tornado_ally says farewel to his Polo after 7 years

Post by david burton »

Water pump doesn't _need_ to be changed, but it's a good thing to do and worthwhile. Most people do it as the standard one is plastic and the new ones are metal and a lot better.

Time does fly, indeed!

What's the new car like?
tornado_ally
Silver Member

Post by tornado_ally »

the car is in fab condition mate- i didnt even touch a single allow wheel in the 7 years i have had it. Cant say the same for the stupid tyre fitter tho! :evil: . The car was not used for 4-5 months while i was travelling so its having the associated problems like

new alternator-may need a new battery, gear linkage may need re-adjusting.

lesson learned is: if you're going to leave your car idle for extended periods of time you should unplug the power cable from the battery. :D
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Hi mate, long time no speak! About 5 years I think :lol:

Good to see you are moving on to bigger things. I've had 4 cars since my last 9n :shock: Let us know what you get to replace it.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Blimey, this thread brings the old guard out of the woodwork...

Let's see, in the time since I last saw some of these names, I've gone: Polo > Smart Roadster > Lupo GTI (still got it!) > Fabia VRS. They might not be getting bigger, but they are getting faster!

What are you getting next?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Hi dxg, do you know if Petrified still occasionally posts on here? Wouldn't mind seeing how my Silver 9n FSi is getting on nowadays :)

Since my FSi I've had;

2005. SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDi (literally fell to pieces, got shot of that fairly quick :lol: )
2005-2006. Audi A4 2.0TDi S-line
(briefly had a project B2 1982 Audi Coupe, didn't last long as it was rotten :( )
2007- early 2008. Audi A3 2.0TDi S-line
Early 2008 onwards. MKV VW Golf R32 DSG. Awesome :P

I added a Corrado VR6 to the Golf earlier this year and I adore both. Although it may have to go soon as I'm planning on taking a year out of work for Uni.
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Hey matey,

Still around, the FSI is still with us and still going strong close to 100k now im sure. :D