GT TDI Buying Advice

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Torq-Al
Gold Member

GT TDI Buying Advice

Post by Torq-Al »

Hello All,

Been around the forum a while, had a 6n which got got sold & progressed to a Passat 1.8T. Fairly underwhelmed with the passat & want to go for a derv (which was what I was going to do, tho' got the passat as an interim car!). My option originally was for a mk4 Golf GT TDI 150 or 130, although I have noticed the 9n GT TDI which looks good.

My question is, what to look for when buying as there is one up for sale locally & i feel the need to give it a whirl! :twisted:

Loved my ol' 6n, just not enough poke. So 130 bhp & easy to map etc would be fantastic.

Let me know what you think. :D
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Re: GT TDI Buying Advice

Post by GR33NIE »

I've got a GT mate it's a great car, really economical yet pretty quick when you want it to be especially mid range :D I'd say look out if it needs a cambelt change if that hasn't been done as it's quite expensive, had a glow plug go on mine and the rear wiper leaking into the boot which is a common issue on the 9N but all round it's probably the best car i've owned :)
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

GR33NIE wrote:I've got a GT mate it's a great car, really economical yet pretty quick when you want it to be especially mid range :D I'd say look out if it needs a cambelt change if that hasn't been done as it's quite expensive, had a glow plug go on mine and the rear wiper leaking into the boot which is a common issue on the 9N but all round it's probably the best car i've owned :)
Cambelt was the first question to ask, rather the dealer puts his hand in his pocket than me! :lol: Gt that i've seen is an 04 with 70k, so is defo cambelt change!

Glowplugs at least are easy, & the rear wiper leakage seems to be a VW failing as it happens on mk4 golfs too! :roll:

Think i'll have to get on & take a look! 8)
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Post by GR33NIE »

Torq-Al wrote:
GR33NIE wrote:I've got a GT mate it's a great car, really economical yet pretty quick when you want it to be especially mid range :D I'd say look out if it needs a cambelt change if that hasn't been done as it's quite expensive, had a glow plug go on mine and the rear wiper leaking into the boot which is a common issue on the 9N but all round it's probably the best car i've owned :)
Cambelt was the first question to ask, rather the dealer puts his hand in his pocket than me! :lol: Gt that i've seen is an 04 with 70k, so is defo cambelt change!

Glowplugs at least are easy, & the rear wiper leakage seems to be a VW failing as it happens on mk4 golfs too! :roll:

Think i'll have to get on & take a look! 8)
So did you bite the bullet and buy one!? :D
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

GR33NIE wrote: So did you bite the bullet and buy one!? :D
Was sorely tempted, gonna stick with my 1.8T Passat i've got at the mo. Defo going to go for a GT as next car, may be a Polo, or poss a mk4 or 5 Golf. See what comes up in 12-18 months.
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

My advice buy one
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

g__humm wrote:My advice buy one
First time I drove one, I wanted one! lol

Just got to get finance sorted, house comes first for me unfortunately! :roll:
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

They're not that expensive mine cost 5500 which was a bargin at the time lol but house is important I don't hav one yet thankfully