Josh's White 9N.. Problem solved... Power is back !! :D :D

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
samways-polo
Getting There!

Re: Josh's White 9N.. :D Much needed update !!

Post by samways-polo »

Atlast, a couple of much anticipated pictures :D the new rearlights, debadged "1.2", new exhaust tip ( first one i have found to fit the standard 9n back box not ideal but if its all you can find that fits then have to make do) and a couple of amusing stickers :) Think i am finally getting somewhere with the car it is slowl starting to look good, i really want to lower it but dad is a B*****d as the car is on his business policy therefore might look abit dodgy if a "business" car was dropped on springs or coilovers, also really want a full back box and an induction kit however same issue, hopefully i will get round it soon :D im dieing to do all these modifications

Enjoy :D comments and opinions welcome as always :D

Link for exhaust tip... http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&k=s&p=28LP60002 it can probably be found cheaper on ebay,

Image Image
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Re: Josh's White 9N.. :D *Update 4/5 !! *

Post by JamieG172 »

Mate, cars looking good! Glad to see you finally got those rear lights fitted, makes it look much better in my opinion!! (I know some people prefer the 9n lights but I'm with you on the 9n3 clusters, they look great!) Interesting you found a exhaust trim that fits, looks good, I just went for the saw-off of the turndown and fitted a straight twin-tip!
It might just be the photo but is the rear nearside rear cluster collecting condensation? Only mention it coz our 9n3 had this problem and water collected and eventually rotted the part where the loom connects into the cluster, so had to replace the loom.

LOVE the stickers btw, especially the get a life, get a VW one :mrgreen: And debadging the 1.2 looks good too! Keep it up mate!
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

Thanks mate, it would appear a small amount of condensation is appearing, wat is the best way to get it out ? Just take the cluster off and use a hairdryer or something :)?
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Put copper grease on the connector to just to stop it rusting
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

g__humm wrote:Put copper grease on the connector to just to stop it rusting
yeah will do mate thanks for the tip !!
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Yeah just take cluster off, removed the lightboard, dry the cluster with the hairdryer and may as well dry the conenctions end of the lightboard too, then coppergrease it, refit the lightboard and if ur worried about further moisture getting in you could always seal it up with rubber sealant around the old seal or something :D
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

JamieG172 wrote:Yeah just take cluster off, removed the lightboard, dry the cluster with the hairdryer and may as well dry the conenctions end of the lightboard too, then coppergrease it, refit the lightboard and if ur worried about further moisture getting in you could always seal it up with rubber sealant around the old seal or something :D
Thanks mate I will get that done this weekend before they break -.- especially as I have only just got them aswell :)
Am still really looking for a Gti or Gti lookalike exhaust on the cheap haha :L not much luck so far though :(
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Josh, are you sure the seal between the bulb holder and the actual cluster is fitted properly? For the last 3 years I've never had issues with condensation/water, and my car's usually parked outside, no matter the weather!

Ash :)
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

K.I.T.T. wrote:Josh, are you sure the seal between the bulb holder and the actual cluster is fitted properly? For the last 3 years I've never had issues with condensation/water, and my car's usually parked outside, no matter the weather!

I will check it all this weekend and dry them out and use some copper grease on the connections etc, btw ash thanks for the looms mate :) much appreciated !!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

No worries :wink:

samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

Dried out both of the clusters last night, fair bit of water in each.. Pretty annoying, I made sure I assembled and fastened them properly but after heavy rain last night it would appear there is a small amount of water in them again.. What the hell do I do where could the water be coming from ?
yourfriendreece
New

Post by yourfriendreece »

i seriously need these alloys in my life!! anybody know where i can get them? please help me!
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

yourfriendreece wrote:i seriously need these alloys in my life!! anybody know where i can get them? please help me!
Mate have a search through the for sale section maybe recover a few old threads I'm sure there are some for sale when I last looked, very good alloys well recomenned !!

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 11&t=49356

theres some :) just have a look
samways-polo
Getting There!

Post by samways-polo »

samways-polo wrote:Dried out both of the clusters last night, fair bit of water in each.. Pretty annoying, I made sure I assembled and fastened them properly but after heavy rain last night it would appear there is a small amount of water in them again.. What the hell do I do where could the water be coming from ?

surely somebody has had this problem before ? a common break in the seal or small hole in the cluster etc ? and an easy procedure to fix it !! :D please its getting on my nerves if i have to take them off to dry them all the time :(
samways-polo
Getting There!

Re: Josh's White 9N.. EPC and REDUCED BHP :S :S *pg 5*

Post by samways-polo »

Driving along the other day and the car felt really sluggish as if it was driving with reduced power, the car maxed out at 85mph wouldnt go any faster atall, very shortly after this my EPC light came on which affected the break lights, the epc light has now gone off and the brake lights are working again, however car still seems to be running on reduced power.. has anybody had this issue or does anyone know what is wrong and needs to be done...

thanks alot guys :)