Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

Hi Polo peeps,

I have a Golf V5 at the moment and have been on the MKIVS forum for the past year. However, I have just ordered a 1.9TD Sport 3 door in Indigo blue from VW Uxbridge. I wanted to go for the 16-inch alloys but the waiting list was too long so decided on a standard car with 15's and a delivery date of 2 weeks!

The mods I will be doing are:
- Tinted windows
- Aftermarket 16 or 17 inch alloys (Any offers on my alloys?)
- Any other suggestions?

Looking forward to posting on this board.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

well if your looking for a little more power then contact josh about a power system
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Strange coincidence I traded my Golf V5 for a 1.9tdi Sport (guess what indigo blue). The mid range power of the TDi is far superior to the V5 and the Polo easily outpaces it on the Motorway, although 0-60 is a second or so behind it. You may want to hold of power mods for the moment and concentrate on as you say cosmetics.
I think if you go for 17's the ride quality would deteriorate, I've added mudflaps, bootliner - to keep the car cleaner, and upgraded the stereo (see ICE thread)

Good choice of car by the way , I think there are now 3 1.9tdi sports on here now :lol:
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

Only 3 in here?! I was going to go for the D'Black but changed my mind in the last min. I tried to get the mud flaps in the price but no luck as they are quite expensive as you have to take the wheel off... I got 9K for my x-reg Auto with 66,000 miles which is very good! Also, got a full tank thrown in as well.

Can't wait to get my Polo and it is my first oil burner. :D
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Welcome to the forums Mikeyw :)

I've got 17s, and the ride is a bit harsher, but nothing too bad. I'd go for 17s if I were you!!
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Alloys@: mikeyw

Post by Ballyhoo »

Welcome Mikeyw!!! :D

About your alloys I am intersted yep, I have a polo and am loking for 15" or 16" VW alloys must be VW as i'm under warrenty.. please let me know email : benjaminsavage1@aol.com

thanks!
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Re: Alloys@: mikeyw

Post by Mikeyw »

Ballyhoo wrote:Welcome Mikeyw!!! :D

About your alloys I am intersted yep, I have a polo and am loking for 15" or 16" VW alloys must be VW as i'm under warrenty.. please let me know email : benjaminsavage1@aol.com

thanks!
Okay, will inform you when I get my car! I didn't know it will affect the VW warrenty if you fit aftermarket alloys?!
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Not the whole warranty, just for the wheels, maybe other little things.

For example, my car is going in next week to have seatbelts changed and new cable fitted for seat (the lever doesn't work). No probs even though I've got aftermarket wheels.

It also depends on how "friendly" your dealer is, I know people (not VW) that have had new engines under warranty even though they had filters, exhausts, remaps, etc.... and the dealers knew this!
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Post by Ballyhoo »

Yeah, it doesn't affect everything just the wheels as Mole says(listen to him he knows his stuff well!!)

Its true about the friendlyness of the garage...mine are friendly but I picked up on 'it wouldn't be a good idea to invalidate the warrenty' if you know what I mean..so I'm keeping well within the guidelines.. :o
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

That is good to hear, I will check with the sales man on Friday.

Considering it will cost 500 (factory) from VW, what is your offer for a brand new set?

Actually, should of got the black now :roll:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

:lol:
dxg

Post by dxg »

Mikey,

Not getting black is a good decision.

My black (albeit not the metalic kind), seems to scratch everytime you breathe on it.

Washing it becomes a long, drawn out process. Not because you;re scared of missing a bit, but because you're scared of scraping it!!

Then, there's the neighbours cat who loves sleeping on it (black + sunlight) and the stonechips...

At least my dealer has a policy of buffing out light scratches for free!!! :P

Let us know what you think of it when it comes, and welcome to the experience.

What colour did you get, btw?

Deek.
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Post by Ballyhoo »

dxg: what have you done to your SE. I am interetsed as I have an SE and was curious to see how you tarted it up? :)
dxg

Post by dxg »

Basically, it has the 15" Melboures, fogs and "sports suspension" from the Sport.

I actually should have just saved up a bit more and gone for one of the diesel sports, as I miss the lumbar support on the seats, oh yes, and the torque!! :roll:

All these options came with the car. It was one in stock at another dealer, so I went for it to get it in two weeks, rather than waiting.

Deek.
Mikeyw
Bronze Member

Post by Mikeyw »

DXG,

I went for the indigo blue in the end and I hope the paint is better than the black!

Sorry, to hear you are having so many problems with your Polo and I hope I have better luck with mine in 2 weeks.

VW has quite a few 1.9TDsports in stock but not many with the 16" alloys that I wanted.