9n 1.2s 2002 climatic no heat at all!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
akz786
New

9n 1.2s 2002 climatic no heat at all!

Post by akz786 »

Hi

It's the manual climatic system which had the usual hot cold motor flap issue - however went in car other day and now it's lost all the lights to the dials and only the fan motor seems to work it not chucking out any hot air even at 26, any ideas? I can't understand the damn fuses if that's blows I can try their first?
All help appreciated as you can imagine I'm freezing in the car!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 9n 1.2s 2002 climatic no heat at all!

Post by alexperkins »

Sounds like the temperature flap might've failed. You really need to get the car scanned for faults as this will show up.
john.p.clegg
Bronze Member

Post by john.p.clegg »

What is the" usual hot cold motor flap issue"....I've not heard of this, but on corners mine seems to lose its heat??...as if the heater flap is just dangling and going to cold with centrifugal force??

Thanks
John
akz786
New

Post by akz786 »

Yes been trying to get vag-com to work also but that's not connecting - seems like I have a seperate issue with obd2 port as my kit works on all other vag cars, been told it could be the aftermarket stereo causing and issue with k-line so will try that tonight and report back.
Thanks
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

akz786 wrote:Yes been trying to get vag-com to work also but that's not connecting - seems like I have a seperate issue with obd2 port as my kit works on all other vag cars, been told it could be the aftermarket stereo causing and issue with k-line so will try that tonight and report back.
Thanks
True, VAG-COM or VCDS as it now is, does not like aftermarket stereo using wires that VAG did not mean them to use, in fact with the early VAG-COM interfaces, it was said that this wire change could mess things up badly.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

john.p.clegg wrote:What is the" usual hot cold motor flap issue"....I've not heard of this, but on corners mine seems to lose its heat??...as if the heater flap is just dangling and going to cold with centrifugal force?? Thanks John
Is that just not the "normal" movement of "lumps" of cabin air when the car is half warmed up? Mind you, when flap motors get a bit old they do behave in a stupid manner now and again.
akz786
New

Post by akz786 »

Update

Removed stereo and still vag-com will not connect it's like there is a short somewhere I checked all fuses etc
The only thing I can think off now is that the climatic has blown internally hence causing a short somewhere? Is this unit simple to remove? Any diy links pls...

Thanks
A
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Remember that it could be possible for the radio wiring issue to still exist after the radio has been removed, that is if the car's wiring harness for the radio has been adapted to suit an aftermarket radio!

I'm guessing that VAG-COM just does not want to talk to any of this car's modules?

If it is an old interface, I think that it is possible to trash it when connected to a modified car's system - ie wiring changed to suit aftermarket radio.

Has this VAG-COM interface been checked again to make sure that it still works with an unmodified car's system?
akz786
New

Post by akz786 »

Yeah its been removed but nothing was adapted so just connected to the ISO blocks.
I have tried with another 9N and it's fine so I know the cable works - since the lights for the climatic controls went out and the fact I can't even press the AC button and the AC pump doesn't come on, suggests something is up there
I even tried an aftermarket OBD2 scanner and nothing
Is it worth me trying to replace the climatic control unit?
Also does anyone know the fuse number for HvAC?
Thanks
A
akz786
New

Post by akz786 »

****UPDATE*****

Been a bit busy over xmas period but I managed to solve this issue, it was Fuse No. 4 (5 amp) which in fact is shown as an engine Mgmt fuse on the fusecard.
This has solved the heating panel to come back plus on the AC button works, and also the OBD2 port, strange they are all connected but its working now :D

Cheers
A