Is this good value???

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
lenny26
New

Is this good value???

Post by lenny26 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys - I am a visitor from the UK MKIV forum. I am Looking for some advice. I am looking to buy my wife a new polo.

The car I am looking at is the 1.4 TDI SE. It's the 3 cylinder version.

The stealership has thrown on the the full VW body kit - spoiler, front @ rear valance, side skirts. the most beautiful 16" wheels , fog lights, mats, headlight protectors, metalic paint etc for the boss of vw who is visiting their showroom today.

Because I have bought quite a few cars of them they are selling it to me for £12000. What do you think????

A plain 1.4TDI SE is 12000 list price???

Thanks guys....

Golf 172TDI---19" migila migila evo--- roof spoiler --- huge sound system ---
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I put on post in on the original tag but one thing, make sure it's five door, my Sport model is a 3 and I'm regretting not paying the extra. Seems a good price though, but I'd still go for the higher spec TDi.

Des
12-valve
New

Post by 12-valve »

Just taken delivery of my new Polo - yippee!
How's this for a deal: VW is desperate to get a 7% market share by the end of the year and offloaded a number of very special offer vehicles to selected dealerships at massively reduced prices to boost its sales figures.
I went into my local dealership to find out more about a different deal I'd spotted in various car magazines but the salesman told me about this one - the only problem was I'd have to do the deal right then because there was only one left. Normally, I wouldn't be seduced by this sort of sales tactic but what he offered me was too good to resist.
So here's what I got: a brand new, unregistered 52-reg Polo 1.2 E 65bhp 3dr model in Reflex silver (normal otr of £9025 inc metallic paint) for - wait for it - £6995 all in.
What this means is that I can run around in this car for a year or so and then sell it on for the same money I bought it for! Deal of the century or what?! :D
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yeah I saved about a grand on my Sport TDi - Then trimmed the remaning payment APR by 3%.

They forgot to add to the price of the leather pack :lol:

You got a blinding deal though
dxg

Post by dxg »

Welcome 12-valve!

You shouldn't be saying things like that in front of those who shelled out the _full whack_ four months ago! If only I'd waited...

I can believe what you're saying about the 7% though - was in my stealership (again) yesterday and noticed they'd moved their polos to the front. One of them was fully-tricked out in what looked like 16" or 17" alloys, vw-badged. If there was a body kit, it was very subtle.

Didn't take time to look, just more interested in getting my baby back after 3 and half weeks of driving a Corsa hire car - no comparison with the polo.

Personally, I think you made the right choice with the 3dr - rising glass line on the rear quarters makes the 3dr look the part, imho.

Anyway - enjoy it!