Fuel tank flap won't open...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
janski
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 12v
Location: North Manchester......Ramsbottom.....yes, its a real place, not made up or owt!

Fuel tank flap won't open...

Post by janski »

....9N 1.2 SE 5 door. Its the central locking model. Did a search on Google and on here with little information.

Has anyone had the problem and sorted it?

Please help?

j :(
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Fuel tank flap won't open...

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that all the VWs that have this function use a similar system, so maybe extend your search on Google, I think that what has happened is that the release solenoid has failed or stuck, so the plastic flap gets locked shut. So, I think that basically you will need to remove the inner boot trim and see what you find in there - you should be able to grab the end of that lock and pull it to release the filler cover. Some Audis, if not all, I think, have a strong nylon "emergency release" string to make that problem easier to get round. I've made a note of this string part number, but not got round to ordering one in - to fit to my wife's August 2015 Polo, her September 2002 Polo never had a problem with that function over its 13 years with us.

Good Luck! Maybe use "Golf" instead of "Polo" in your Google search.
janski
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 12v
Location: North Manchester......Ramsbottom.....yes, its a real place, not made up or owt!

Re: Fuel tank flap won't open...

Post by janski »

Cheers RUM4MO,

Did sort it out, took out the trim bit where the rear seat belt goes through/where the parcel shelf sits. The actuator for the flap lives there. Took the actuator out, problem solved for the meantime.

j :)