Gear knob

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
omtew99
New
Drives: 9n

Gear knob

Post by omtew99 »

Hi does any body know if a golf gti golf ball gear knob will fit my vw polo 1.2 9n
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Gear knob

Post by RUM4MO »

I can't answer that, but if and when you come to swop gear knobs, my advice would be to use two smallish screwdrivers to "ease" open the "ears" or lugs on the clinched/crimped ring that locks the gear knob in place on the gear stick. Lots of people seem to just cut that clinched/crimped eared ring and then fit a Jubilee clip which invariably ends up cutting through the leatherette/leather gear stick gaiter.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Yes it will, VW have used the same gear selector for a while now

With regards to the clamp, its best to cut it off and pick up a new one from your local VW dealer. You can crimp it with either CV boot pliers, or carefully with wire cutters with some insulation tape over the blades.
omtew99
New
Drives: 9n

Post by omtew99 »

alexperkins wrote:Yes it will, VW have used the same gear selector for a while now

With regards to the clamp, its best to cut it off and pick up a new one from your local VW dealer. You can crimp it with either CV boot pliers, or carefully with wire cutters with some insulation tape over the blades.
Thanks buddy !