New Polo Owner!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
CGreen98
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.6 TDI SEL

New Polo Owner!

Post by CGreen98 »

I am going to have a look at a 2005 Polo Twist 1.4L 75bhp this weekend as my brothers first car. I myself have owned a 9N3 1.2 S and a 6R 1.6 SEL and love Polos!

The car looks immaculate, Full VW history, new Tyres, New cambelt, lots of rare extras like 16" alloy wheels and sunroof!

I however don't know much about the 1.4 petrol engine, is it a good unit? Anything to look out for?

Another thing I have noticed is every single MOT it has ever had it has failed on its Tyres... only doing 10000 miles a year, why would it be going through tyres so quickly??

Thanks Cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New Polo Owner!

Post by RUM4MO »

Some people will say that the 1.4 75PS engine is a dog, and yes it probably is! It is also a very reliable dog!
My wife had a 52 plate Polo SE from new until it was almost 13 years old and had run 108K miles and it was fine.
Tyre wear, that could be down to buying cheap tyres with lots of grip derived from soft rubber, or wheel alignment issues caused by the TCA rear bushes been torn, or having been replaced and now that car needs a proper four wheel re-alignment, I got the usual Cupra TCA rear bushes fitted to her Polo when it was about 5 years old and they were still 100% okay when it was sold at about 13 years old, also I got a proper four wheel realignment done on it after it trashed a pair of front tyres due to the previous proper four wheel re-alignment being not the best!!