Wiper arm woes

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
ASPolo
New
Drives: 52 plate 9N

Wiper arm woes

Post by ASPolo »

Afternoon all,

New to these parts. Recently acquired my 52 plate 9N polo. This forum has helped me already with a fee issues I've had, now I need a little more advice please.

I ordered some wipers to replace my current ones, euro suggested the bosch aerotwin for my reg. They've got the flip up, hook on attachment. This has been fine for all of my previous cars, however this car has the strangest attachment I've come across so far, and I've no idea how to detach the old ones let alone put the new ones on.

Will the new ones even fit, or am I buggered for want of a better word?

Is it possible to buy normal hook arms to change to, as most/all wiper blades I've ever seen work with the hook attachments.

How do I get these off, there's no clips, no buttons, no nothing I can see to release them. Also should I return the wipers as hopeless?

Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Alex
free img
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Wiper arm woes

Post by RUM4MO »

If that car has the original design of wiper arms and blades on it, all you do is raise the arm up and rotate the blade through maybe 90 degrees, then lift the blade back off the arm as it is only secured by a pin, when rotated back to its normal position, the blade gets trapped in that sort of a cage part of the wiper arm.
ASPolo
New
Drives: 52 plate 9N

Post by ASPolo »

Success! Thanks. Now the question is do bosch sell the correct wiper for this, or is it possible to interchange the connector with the one from the old wiper?

Thanks for your help :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

No you’ll need the correct wipers to fit. There was a changeover on a certain year where they moved to the pin style blades
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

As it looks like you already have the "pin" type, Bosch was what my wife's 52 plate late 2002 Polo came from the factory fitted with.

It came with an old style bridge sort of rear wiper, but I replaced the arm etc etc to update to what the later, ie 2003> Polos had.