Comfort control module

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
somone123
New
Drives: 9N polo twist 1.2L

Comfort control module

Post by somone123 »

Hi all!

I am in the process of adding remote central locking to my polo I have established how this is done (replacing the comfort control module located above the clutch pedal) but I am not sure which model to replace it with. The one I currently have is the 6QO 959 433 G and doing a quick search on ebay for 6QO 959 433(no letter) gives results with "E" and "H" on the end.

I was wondering is someone would be able to tell me which one has the remote central locking feature.

Thanks in advance!!
Grazuncle
New

Re: Comfort control module

Post by Grazuncle »

Hi Someone123

I too am trying to do this modification.. but.. I can see where the box should go above the Clutch pedal..

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7292 ... ct-removed

help..anyone?

Wen I have this information I'm going to do a YTube video and hopefully this would help someone else :)

Thanks
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Grazuncle
New

Post by Grazuncle »

Many thanks for your fast reply..

I have seen this information before :)

I'm still not sure how you get the 'old' one out. From my photo it seems to be inside a holder but can't see plugs etc. Apart from the removal over the heater ducting I can't see how you do this job and no one seems to detail it enough (for me anyway.. :) is the casing around the existing unit removable perhaps?

The controller I have has two sockets.; one larger than the other. My CCU was off an identical Polo 9N3.. year/model etc so I'm hoping it should work as others have said/done.

I have the flip key cut ( from a photo!) and am using my original transponder; this works fine in the locks and starting the engine.

any more help is much appreciated :D

Thanks
Grazuncle
New

Post by Grazuncle »

Hi again..

I'm posting a photo to hopefully jog someones memory on how to get the old Unit out and get the CCU in

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7292 ... ccu-unit-2

The old unit Blue spot.. seems to be inside a case.. Red Line

I removed the heater ducting and the switch over the clutch pedal. This is driving me nuts.. I'm inches away from using the new unit but stumped.. I agree access is very restricted.. on person said it 'was a bit of a headache' to remove but I can't see any way to get it out.

Help, please?

many thanks
Stephen
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by Stephen »

Hi

Did you manage to do this ?

I’m about to do it too - and like you the instructions seem light on this bit, so do the online workshop manuals.

Lying on my back in the footwell - I can’t even see it. At the moment the only plan seems to be to start removing trim until it appears!

Any help and or lessons learned would be welcome ...