New Polo owner... What to do?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
PatrykO5
New
Drives: 02 Polo 9N 1.4 16V 5dr

New Polo owner... What to do?

Post by PatrykO5 »

Just got my first car last week. A 1.4 Polo 9n, mint condition and it's only got 57k on the clock. In other words it is going to last me a while! Absolutely love the car so far!
Just have a few questions... What should I do to it?
I'm starting off minor with some new badges.
Thing is I haven't got a clue about anything like lowering the car, but eventually want to learn everything haha...
What are the dos and donts of doing my car up?
How much would it cost to tint windows? Etc etc.
PatrykO5
New
Drives: 02 Polo 9N 1.4 16V 5dr

Re: New Polo owner... What to do?

Post by PatrykO5 »

just to add, I might not even lower it because the suspension is really comfortable as it is. Would lowering even the slightest bit change how it feels going over bumps?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Personally I can't comment on that, though springs/dampers from maybe a "better" source while lowering it slightly might also give a better ride from all angles.

My wife ran a 2002 1.4 16V BBY engine Polo from new to 13 years old and 105K miles, one thing that I did get changed was the front TCA rear voided bushes, and I got a VAG indie to replace them with SEAT Cupra solid bushes, that was done when the car was only 5 years old and it transformed the feeling of the steering, made it seriously more direct which was good, at 13 years old, so 8 years later, these bushes were still "as good as new"!
colingZA
New
Drives: 53 plate Polo 9n

Post by colingZA »

Evening guys,

As someone in the throws of revamping a 9N 1.4bby, I'm in the same position.

As for the bushes, I concur 100%, get it done ASAP. Mine came back from the garage last week and is great to drive again.

As with any car project, I felt it was best to get it thoroughly checked out at the local garage (independent) and they found a leaking radiator, faulty rear caliper and trashed CV joint boots. It cost more than the car cast me, but it is sound as a pound for another year or three!

Regards,

C.