Front door under rubber boot connections.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Front door under rubber boot connections.

Post by Aybesea »

Can sombody tell me if i take the rubber boot off the wiring harness in the front door near the hinges that the socket can be removed and the connector can be pulled out slightly to look at the wiring.Or will i have to take the door trim off to gain access to the wiring connections.Reason why i am asking is that the door open warning icon on the instument cluster does not light up ,Tail gate light works ok so does the interier lights.It could of been like it since i have had the car but only noticed it yesterday.Plus not sure if the Tail gate is on the same connction as the open door warning light.I need to test the G/B and the B wire to see if the switch is working in the door latch.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Front door under rubber boot connections.

Post by RUM4MO »

So far I've held back from replying, but as no one has replied so far, I'll say that I'd guess that if you unclick that rubber boot's retaining plastic frame, and push it back, you should be able to see the wiring and the plugs should be able to be unplugged from their mating sockets which, again I'm guessing, are retained in the car frame.

Maybe join or look in some other forums to see what Ibiza and Fabia owners are being told what to do with this type of issue as there are some pictures out there.
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Re: Front door under rubber boot connections.

Post by Aybesea »

Right thanks for info,forgot about the Seat and Skoda cars being the same or near enough.I will see if my VW Audi dealer has a diagram picture display of the door.Looked on workshop manuals online but parts of the wiring is missing and only found on Elsa.